cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MNroshandel1
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

1471 on BT Mobile

I've heard that it exists but trying it says 'Sorry the system is busy,please try again later'.

On EE dialling 1471 says calls to this number is barred.

When I had it on O2 and Vodafone, it used to tell you who called when your phone was off or out of coverage. I don't like having the text alerts which only tell you missed callers who chose not to leave a message and I don't like the voicemail service.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NeilO
Message 2 of 5

Re: 1471 on BT Mobile

Hi @MNroshandel1, thanks for posting, I'm sorry the 1471 facility is not available on BT Mobile.

0 Ratings
RobbieBaron
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

The O2 1471 Service is now closed.

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

You mobile phone should show the numbers called and received, or are you looking to find numbers that have called your mobile when turned off but don't what to use voice mail ?
0 Ratings
MNroshandel1
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Yes at times I don’t like voicemail on and the 1471 services available on O2 (Now closed) and on Vodafone used to show numbers when the phone was off or out of coverage.

Vodafone also provided this through service command code *#147# not sure if this still going but was useful.

Until 2005, you could link your O2 mobile with your BT landline call minder service. So it was one mailbox for both your O2 mobile and BT landline. The service ended eventually possibly due to Telefonica take over and the launch of BT’s first MVNO attempt. But was very useful. I hear you can link your BT Callminder service to send text alerts when you have a new message but isn’t quite the same as what was on offer before with O2.

Now that BT owns EE and also providing services under the BT brand, I don’t see why they don’t relaunch that service again. I thought it was great having one mailbox for both home and mobile and it really made Callminder worth paying a premium for. The service also used to alert you when you had new email on Talk21, this ended when Yahoo took over BT’s email platforms and dial up internet service (BT Yahoo)

0 Ratings