cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

3 Year Old Disconnected Mobile Number

Go to solution

Hello sorry to bother anybody but my mum passed away on 5th December 2021 ... Me not thinking anything of it cancelled all of her services without transferring her number to a PAYG and it got cancelled along with her broadband ... Is there anyway at all of retrieving that number because she had that mobile number 18 years it came all the way from orange and its a sentimental number ... I would really like to get it back some how ... Someone please help me 

Thank You In Advance 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: 3 Year Old Disconnected Mobile Number

Go to solution

I would think it's unlikely. Have you tried ringing it to see if it's been re-issued?

If not it would have gone back into the BT pool, but BT are no longer offering mobile to new customers. So I don't know what would have happened to that pool. Maybe returned to EE as the parent provider or could be sitting dormant until BT Mobile finally closes.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I have tried sending texts to it and they fail to send ... Who am I best contacting would you say so because I really want that number back 

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I guess the first step would be to ascertain who owns the number. I've just done a lookup on an old BT Mobile number & that is reported as belonging to EE. So maybe start with them & see if they can help.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Orange is  defunct as a brand,  EE are the most likely company that is responsible for the number range Orange once had  , as Orange became part of EE before it disappeared, but as stated it’s almost certainly not going to be possible to do what you want .

If the number was last used on a BT mobile,  the number must have been ported to BT , on cancellation, with landlines the number is returned to the range holder , it’s probably the same with mobile numbers but after all this time it’s unlikely even a landline operator would try to get the number back let alone a mobile operator, but it’s EE you need to be looking at , not BT .

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Ok thank you ... I'll give them a call 

Thank you 

0 Ratings