Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andymo210554
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

40p charge for 1 emoticon

Go to solution
Hi I'm new to bt mobile and can't understand why I'm being charged 40p a time for emoticons.
It wasn't until I checked my bill that I had incurred £1.80 charge and discovered it was for smileys even the diy one's 😞 never had these charges with my old provider.
My bt plan is £20.00 pm unlimited calls & texts & 20meg data which I haven't even scratched the surface with.
Thanks in advance for any replies.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: 40p charge for 1 emoticon

Go to solution

Welcome to the forum. Have a look at this thread.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
andymo210554
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Thank you for the welcome.
The thread reallly helped.
0 Ratings
Tangle234
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Re additional charges I was charged for picture messages which I had not sent. I queried this with BT and was told that long text messages are charged as picture messages. They agreed to refund the charges but said this was a one off refund as the terms of my contract advised theses charges. On checking I could not find this in my contract so I contacted BT. Customer services told me that my handset would have shown a message warning me but when I double checked it did not. I referred back to Customer Services and said that my allowances said "unlimited text" with no mention of any limit on text length. I suggested that as this is not clear a note should be added to he terms of the contract advising that long texts might be charged for. Customer services then agreed that Samsung phones that they had promoted for BT Mobile did not show any warning but said that as not all handsets changed long messages to chargeable picture messages they would not be warning customers of this.

I advised them I would try to spread the warning myself to avoid others suffering charges unexpectedly. Please help to spread the word as I am certain that a lot if people are suffering the charges as like me they believed that "unlimited texts" did actually mean what it implied.

0 Ratings