cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 11

4G Speed Boost? Don't bother (Sales incompetence)

Go to solution

If you are thinking of giving this a try (as I was) I would suggest that you don't bother unless you want to open yourself up to a world of grief.

I ordered the 'booster' via the website on Friday evening. Luckily I took a PDF print of the order confirmation page because I received no email confirmation, and there was nothing showing on my account order tracker.

Nothing happened at all Saturday so Sunday evening I thought I would check the order tracker. There was now an order there with the same Sales reference, but was showing as only having been placed a few hours earlier.

Going into the detail of the order however revealed that it was not for a 4G boost, but a 're-order' of my Broadband & Calls package - basically BT had instituted a new 18 month contract for my broadband and calls (and hadn't given me a 4G booster at all!).

Of course I contacted customer services immediately and very quickly got booted from India to the UK Mobile team. They thought it was irregular (I still haven't received any order emails) and said they had no order for the 4G booster. They contacted the Broadband Sales team who, after much confusion, came back and told me there had been a 'technical glitch'! But it was OK as I wouldn't get charged more. (Oh that's OK, you just extend my contract without permission then... No attempt to correct it).

To top it off the attempt by BT Mobile to re-order the 4G Booster still hasn't come through successfully.

Clearly BTs systems are not up to handling the Mobile Booster, and the cynic in me thinks someone in Sales could be making more commission by posting erroneous package sales.

Until BT has a simple, reliable way of adding Boosters to BT Mobile accounts I would recommend you don't try - I have only tried twice (once a year ago with the old European roaming pack) and both attempts have only given me major grief.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: 4G Speed Boost? Don't bother (Sales incompetence)

Go to solution

Hi @Colin_London and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry there's been such a mess made of your order. Are you able to post the link to the Mobile Booster order page?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

To be honest, it works in so few places I'm not sure it's worth the cost/hassle.

I supposedly get it bundled with my 20GB package, but have rarely noticed the benefit.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
DavidM - it was a link on the Manage Mobile Account in My BT. The problem isn’t the link - BTs order system correctly went through the stages of asking me which mobile to apply it to, and at the end gave s confirmation page saying I had ordered the booster with a sales reference. It is what happened after that was what went wrong.

As I say I have also attempted a re-order when I spoke to customer services yesterday, but despite James stating that all appeared to have gone through fine on his system I have had no confirmation emails or texts for that either.

Anyway I raised a complaint reference so will have to wait 7 days to hear an explanation of this mess.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Colin

Have you used BT Order tracking? It would be interesting to see how many orders were made and completed if you say you have tried to re-order it. It may well have cleared on the BT systems but got stuck on the EE system. If it had indeed completed it would be showing up on your package details and billing.

I always find it best to call the mobile team between 7.30-8am as you tend to get the swansea contact team who seem a little more helpful.

BT Order Tracking

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Hi Dean - no the supposed re-order isn’t showing at all on order tracking and I have received no emails or texts concerning it. I have given up on this 4G boost as it’s not worth the grief. I haven’t got the time to waste on calls to customer services - BT should have an online ordering system that just works for simple things like this 😡
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
It appears my speed boost is now operational despite not having an order on the tracker or any recognition it is in place on My BT 🤨
0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
It's never shown on my MyBT or BTMobile apps either. I had a right game getting a confirmation that it was enabled on my account.
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Well I got 60Mbps this morning which is a pretty good sign, but I can't keep doing speed tests as it is caning my allowance!

Have received no email confirmation, no text message, nothing on My BT, nothing to indicate that the booster is active.

Anyway I still have to try and call the complaints team back tomorrow about this unilateral broadband / call package contract extension.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
The saga continues - was on BT Mobile Chat this morning on another issue and I asked them to check whether the booster was active whilst I had them. Apparently it wasn’t so they have tried again.

She gave me another order number but it too is not showing in Order Tracker. Still, let’s give it the two hours and see if something happens. The BT Mobile app is presently not updating so something may be in progress....
0 Ratings