Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dntaylor68
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

4G and WiFi calling

Hi,
I have Samsung Galaxy S7 and 4G and WiFi calling enabled but it doesn't work?

Is there a particular plan I need to be on?

Spoke on the Chat app and it was a waste of time. Kept apologising for my faulty WiFi.
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 17

Re: 4G and WiFi calling

Hi @Dntaylor68

The S7 isn’t officially supported by BT. But it may work depending on the firmware. The latest update from android did allow other handsets to work but unofficially. 

BT Wi-fi calling

Guru
Message 3 of 17

It is strange and ad hoc. I have two S7’s (Mine and my wife’s). My wife’s has BT Wi-fi calling and 4G but is connected to EE automatically, mine connects to BT, doesn’t give me the option of connecting to EE but cannot get BT Wi-fi or 4G.

Both mobiles bought at the same time from the BT Shop.

Stew

Dntaylor68
Beginner
Message 4 of 17

I've got the latest firmware but no joy. Out in the sticks so most of the time I have no signal so my phone is basically useless.
0 Ratings
Dntaylor68
Beginner
Message 5 of 17

Mine is from BT but won't work. Set up to but not supported seems odd?

Stuck with a handset for another year I can hardly use at home, bit pointless really.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 17

@Dntaylor68

You can now purchase a signal assist box that plugs into your BT broadband hub. This will create a 3G signal indoors upto about 15 meters and cost about £20 avalible on the BT shop. 

BT only guarantee handsets with stock firmware on S9/S9+ and A8(2018). Other will depend on the stock variation and updates from android. 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 17

So you spend several hundred pounds on a new mobile from the BT Shop and then have to buy another device from the BT Shop to use all the functionality that the mobile has!?

Stew

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 17

@StewM

You could look at it that way, or you could say that BT never said Wi-Fi or 4G calling would be avalible on all handsets. In regards to having poor signal thats not unique to BT Mobile, and thats why one of the reasons they offer a cooling off period for you try and see if the mobile works for you.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 17

Smiley LOL

Yes you could.

Stew

ukphiluk
Beginner
Message 10 of 17

I have the same problem on S7 Edge. BT advertise that 4G is available on all sim only packages but it is not true it seems to depend on which handset you have.

0 Ratings