cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tedds123
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

4G+

Hi there, are pay monthly phones purchased from BT unlocked?

Also, does BT disable the 4G+ icon like ee do?

Thanks 😊

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: 4G+

Phones are locked

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
SpiderPig
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Tedds123 

Welcome to the Community.

I can't remember where I read this but I will try and find the BT Help Page that the info came from.

BT Mobile phones are locked to BT Mobile but can be unlocked by BT once you are out of the first 12 months of your contract. 

SP

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

phone is locked for first 6 months not 12  https://www.bt.com/help/mobile/manage-service/how-do-i-unlock-my-mobile-phone-or-tablet-

obviously there are other methods to unlock the phone for a small fee

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SpiderPig
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I stand corrected 🙂 @imjolly 

Just couldn't find the help page when I needed it.

SP

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@SpiderPig 

I had used the page not that long ago for someone else