cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amberley
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

4g not working on social mediA

My 4g works fine for the web but I can’t load any social media apps, it isn’t says no connection. This has happened with all my phones and I am currently using an iPhone 7

How do I solve this? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: 4g not working on social mediA

Hi @Amberley, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I've moved your post to the Mobile section of the community as this is the best place to get help. I'd recommend checking that there are no parental controls set up as these may be blocking social media apps when on 4g. Log in to www.bt.com/mymobile with your BT ID to check the Parental Controls settings.

0 Ratings
Amberley
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Ah thank you! Where abouts in the BT app is the parental controls? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@Amberley

You can access Parental Controls by logging into MyBT on BT.com and going to the My Extra's section.

Let me know if you need any more help 🙂

Thanks

Matt

Amberley
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

The parents controls are switched off. My brother has the same bt package/sim and is able to use his social media, as can my dad and mum. It’s just me who can’t 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Amberley thanks for the update. I'm not sure that the Parental Controls in the extras section relates to the Mobile. I've found this article on BT Mobile Content control and settings that has step by step how to check the settings on your phone. 
Check it out and hopefully it helps

cheers
John

0 Ratings