cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Had the present sim for a few years but now got a 5G one in an enabled location. Do I need to change the sim to get 5G and if so I wonder how?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
NeilO
Message 2 of 8

Re: 5G Sim

Go to solution

Hi @Meteosat, thanks for posting, you'll need to regrade your BT mobile contract to get a 5G enabled sim. You can do that online or by calling BT mobile sales on 0800 800 150. There's quite a good discussion about this on the following thread.

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Many thanks. 
cheers. 

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi,

just checked what my mobile plan says in My BT and it now says:

### Mobile 10GB Single SIM 5G Plan

But I’m guessing I still need to contact support to get an update on the sim or new sim?

cheers,

James

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Actually. Just checked and my Iphone12 offers 5G options under mobile data and Apple seems to suggest I wouldn’t see that screen if it wasn’t activated. I recontracted a short while ago on a Black Friday deal so I am now thinking I actually am on 5G!!

cheers. 
James

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Sorry to be an absolute pain but just tried the Apple suggestion of turning Airplane mode on and off and briefly saw 4G then switched to 5G. 

So case closed I think. 
thank you,

James

NeilO
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@Meteosat Thanks for the update, as you'd upgraded our plan on a black Friday deal the 5G would have been added then. I'm glad you got sorted. 

0 Ratings
MrBelter
Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

You don't need to regrade or change contract, you just need to ring and ask for it to be enabled on your current deal.

0 Ratings