cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

5g handset compatibility, speed capping, etc

Thinking of switching to BT Mobile but do have a few questions;

Is my unlocked oneplus 8 pro compatible on the 5g network. For some bizarre reason o2 5g does not work on this handset an only confirmation i can get is that voda and 3 work. 

I see that 4g speeds are capped and people had to purchase an add on to up this; if i am not in a 5g area, are my 4g speeds capped? Read somewhere that the speed compared to EE 5g is capped. Is this true?

I'm tempted mainly by access to ubiquitous bt wifi hotspots.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: 5g handset compatibility, speed capping, etc

BT cap 4G at around 30mbps but if you have BT Broadband with Halo, the caps are removed as part of the package. 

Message 3 of 4

Unfortunately I don't - I use my phone for work and need a decent connection. The advertised speeds are rarely a true reflection but I think any kind of capping wont suit me for a phone that runs my business and downtime. Pity, the BT wifi access around the country is a great feature.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

4G speeds vary wildly anyway. I live a mile away from Leicester city centre and get around 20mbps on 4G but if I drive into the city or the hospital where my wife works, it'll lock on to multiple masts and crank out 150mbps+ but that's quite rare.

0 Ratings