Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
xbox
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Account limited access login

I have Broadband and several mobile SIMs under my account. The SIMs are used in the children's phones. One of these comes with BT Sport Mobile package.

So that child needs access to the account ID and Password in order to log in to the BT Sport app on the mobile.

This is less than ideal, since there is only one account ID and password - that child now could log in to the account and change the Parental Controls, for example. Or re-enable premium rate calls, etc.

Moreover, even if I trust the child, I have compromised the account password security.

Is there no way to set up limited access logins?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Account limited access login

You can create sub-accounts and assign them different roles to limit access and what can be changed.

Depending on the role assigned and the age of the person using it, you can completely control it, so your kids for example can't alter any spend caps you assign, they can't change parental settings or you could allow them to manage addons such as data bolt ons etc

0 Ratings
xbox
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Account limited access login

Thanks. Is there a help page or anything? I did try what seems to be what you are suggesting. I have to put in the account number from the top of the bill. Well there is only one account number and only one bill (for everything, the broadband, all the SIMs, etc). When I enter that number it tells me
"! This account is managed by. You will have guest access."
And no, I have not missed any words out, that is what it says - it does not parse.
Who is the "you" who will have "guest access". If it's me, no thanks, I need to keep my full access. And what is "guest access" anyway? Is it sufficient for the SIM user to log in to BT Sport mobile app?
It is clear as mud - and I am accustomed to setting up users with varying access levels on shared storage drives etc!
0 Ratings