cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Activating my new Sim card

Go to solution

I have just been upgraded to superfast fibre and within that package, I have also got a mobile data allowance. I've already put the Sim card into my iPhone but I am unsure where to go from here. I've been with Plusnet for several years now. I was given a code to give to my new provider if I wanted to leave. Can someone tell me what I need to do, please?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Activating my new Sim card

Go to solution

Are you keeping your old number or going with the number on the new SIM card?

If the former then you will have to wait until your service is ceased by your previous supplier, if the latter then it should just work.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

if you go to your BT mobile account does it not ask if retaining old number?  if so  Bt should ask for the PAC code which is what you got from previous provider and enables BT to transfer number and old provider will close your account

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

I'm keeping my old number.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

thgen you need to use the PAC code you were given by previous provider

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

In which case you should have requested a PAC code from your old supplier and passed it on to BT when you placed your order, the old provider will then cease your service and BT will take it over usually on the same day

Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

No, I didn't pass on any details about my mobile phone when I place the order with BT. I've been looking in my BT account but I can't find the section where I can enter the code.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

I'm just looking in my account and I can see under BT mobile I've got Sim only, 5 GB. However, it shows a different mobile number. I just tried ringing the number but it says it's not available. I would imagine that because I haven't cancelled the contract with Plusnet I am still receiving calls on my iPhone. Having said that, I have put my new Sim card from BT in the iPhone now.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

You can only use your old number if you have an authorisation code (the PAC code) to do so from your old provider,

If you're lucky a mod may pick up on this thread and offer help, otherwise it sounds like you may have to call 0800 800 150 to get it sorted. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

I've got a code. My Plusnet account is still active. In fact, I've just paid up for the next month. Thankfully it was only £5.50 so it's not a lot of money to lose.

0 Ratings