Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Advice on adding mobile to my BT account

Go to solution

Our BT account is made up of broadband at £42 a month (started years ago as Infinity 2)  and landline on the £1 a day calls deal, rent paid in advance. My mobile is with Virgin, who are about to lose another PAYG customer. The logical move is to add the mobile (iPhone 5S) to my BT account. Giving away how long I've had a mobile, the number was originally from BT Cellnet and I intend to keep it. 

I only need calls and texts, so what sort of deal should I be looking for? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Advice on adding mobile to my BT account

Go to solution

All sim only plans and handset plans include unlimited minutes and texts, if that is all you need pick the cheapest, the difference in prices is due to data allowance.
If you're happy with the current handset you have, select a Sim only deal 

Remember to get your PAC code from Virgin Media, it's required to port the number so you keep the same number.
Text the word PAC to 65075 and you should receive a text with your PAC code, when ordering the sim plan, just before the very last page you can enter the PAC, takes around 48-72 hours to port over.

At the time of posting this you have the following choices :

1GB data - unlimited minutes and texts for £7 as you have BT broadband (£12 without) on an 12 month minimum term.
1GB data - unlimited minutes and texts for £5 as you have BT broadband (£10 without) on an 18 month minimum term.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply, and apologies for the slow response.

The £5/18mth would suit nicely. All I have to do is get the PAC number from Virgin. Tried to use the dial-in method, but my 5S iPhone would not send it as a text message, despite following web advice on forcing it to send as an SMS text. Also the phone splits the 5-digit number as 65 075 - though I'm not blaming Virgin for that, and I've no idea whether the space makes a difference 🙂 

Anyway, we're busy this weekend, so I'll leave it until next week and get back to it then.

Edit: I've just read elsewhere that I can sign up for a new contract before I get the PAC - but am also well aware I'll be stuck until I get the PAC..! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Try ringing Virgin - they should be able to sort the PAC over the phone (I just did this with EE) Good luck!
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Scotsmacwrote:

Edit: I've just read elsewhere that I can sign up for a new contract before I get the PAC - but am also well aware I'll be stuck until I get the PAC..! 

You won't be stuck, BT will send the sim with a new number, a PAC can be used anytime which ports the number when used and then replaces the new number BT issued

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you DORS and Richie 👍

0 Ratings