cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barneyboco
Message 411 of 450

Re: Amazon/iTunes Voucher

Go to solution

Interesting question and statement but would be interested what is the record for the longest wait for their voucher.... I've just celebrated 9 months waiting! 

0 Ratings
IanA2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 412 of 450

Go to solution

Well it just gets better and better. Having tried on here (no success other than phone calls telling me it's not sorted), I tried Twitter. Nothing there either, other than more offers of phone calls to advise me it's not sorted out. So today I have Tweeted that I'm going to the Boss, lets see if that speeds things up. If not, next stop the press. MSE Already interested. Honestly, how difficult can it be to send out a couple of vouchers?

0 Ratings
IanA2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 413 of 450

Go to solution

Robbie, Clearly the next step is to establish the serial number of the vouchers that have allegedly been sent. I have a range of options open to me including reporting theft to the police, however for that I would need the voucher numbers. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
samuel79
Aspiring Contributor
Message 414 of 450

Go to solution

Well I dont know what happend with me I got my vouchers in on monday and Ive only been with bt for less than two month

TBH I wans not expecting then until the end of febuary 

congrats bt lol

0 Ratings
IanA2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 415 of 450

Go to solution

I've just noticed two things about the track and trace info you gave me:

1. It does not give my adress so I cannot confirm the item was correctly addressed.

2. It states; "Delivered to your address or a neighbour." 

Please establish it was correctly adressed.

0 Ratings
Paulr7894
Contributor
Message 416 of 450

Go to solution

@IanA2

I waited three months for my vouchers and ended up also receiving a second set which I have now returned (and returning them was as problematic as receiving the set I was correctly sent) so, I am still left with a bitter sweet after taste from the whole Amazon voucher fiasco and that, together with my overall experience of BT's customer service to date since joining them in 2015 has persuaded me to move all of my services elsewhere when my contractual obligations with BT come to an end. Despite me saying this to people at BT, no one has tried to encourage me to stay so I am left not feeling valued as a customer in any case.

When BT services work, they can work well but you only find out how good any company really is when you have a problem and the internet is awash with bad reviews for BT and it's lack of meaningful Customer Service.

Despite those reviews, in 2015 I gave BT the benefit of the doubt when taking up services with them.

In 2016 despite a loss of broadband service and an appalling customer services experience I again gave BT the benefit of the doubt by renewing my broadband and landline services as well as later taking up a BT mobile sim only contract.

It's now 2017, and I will not be giving BT the benefit of the doubt again as nothing has improved and BT's apparent disregard for it's customers and it's inability to listen and do what it promises to do means I, along with many others, have lost confidence in them as a company that sadly I am unable to now recommend to anyone based purely on their lack of customer focus and their appalling inability to communicate effectively at times with it's Customers.

Through at least one newspaper article late last year, the BT CEO encouraged people to contact him via email with problems and this seems to result in having someone from the Executive Level Complaints team deal with your case. Having dealt with them I have to cynically say the ELC team have probably been expanded to deal with this as it seems unlikely the CEO himself would have the time to sift through every complaint that finds it's way to "his" very well publicised and accessible email address. The ELC team are the last resort after all other avenues have failed to resolve an issue apparently (though I would dispute this as the CEO himself ultimately should be the last resort). Any issue should be resolved but I very quickly gained the impression from my dealings with the ELC team member allocated to my case that it was more about damage control than perhaps a genuine desire to resolve an issue to retain customer loyalty.

0 Ratings
IanA2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 417 of 450

Go to solution

@Paulr7894

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that. I'm saving Gavin P for the moment as I'm mighty amused by all the holes that are currently being dug. When I have enough I'll present them all in a nice row to Mr P. It's not a huge amount of money, but, like you, I don't like the way I'm being treated.

As a matter of interest, did they try and tell you that they had been delivered and if so did they provide you with a screen shot of the signature?

I have to say, Im intrigued by the whole thing,

"They were posted 5th Jan"

"You recieved them 31st Dec"

Real Back o the Future stuff. Given the futuristic mail system they employ, I can see why they don't send digital vouchers digitally!

0 Ratings
Paulr7894
Contributor
Message 418 of 450

Go to solution

@IanA2

No I just had conflicting info concerning delays and reasons for those delays before receivng the vouchers three months after initially claiming. I ended up being sent a second set in error and that turned into a nightmare getting them sent back so the fact you have contradictory dates concerning dispatch and even delivery doesn't surprise me in the slightest as contradictory information has come from BT to me and others at different times for a number of totally different problems or issues.

I never thought I'd say it but I shall be glad to leave over the coming year or so as each of my services come up for renewal - simply because BT make "customer support" such hard work and that I just don't get or need or want.

I have no doubt you and others will get their vouchers issues resolved at some point but I totally get and understand your frustration with it.

0 Ratings
IanA2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 419 of 450

Go to solution

@Paulr7894

Thanks.

The burning question for me is whether this constitutes an Omnishambles. We should be told.

0 Ratings
IanA2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 420 of 450

Go to solution

Hi Neil,

Message received loud and clear, I have saved it and will bring it to the attention of Mr Patterson along with my complaint regarding the non-arrival of my vouchers. Vouchers? Remember them?

I say again, it would be very good if BT policed it's voucher scheme with the same vigour as it polices its forums. I'm guessing it's all about reputation management, but I have to say, I think that's a losing battle, at least on the voucher front.

Toodle pip,

IanA2

PS If you decide to delete this post, that's fine, I've copied it and it will go to Mr Patterson and I will post it, along with the others, on Twitter. Your call.

0 Ratings