Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanDavies
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Another monthly spend cap!

Go to solution

I want to be able to set my limit to £0.

I've just spoken to an adviser and he said " I have checked your account and I can see that the spend cap is already set at the minimum which is £5.00 for your number and I know it can be annoying sometimes but this £5.00 is the minimum to which we are allowed to set as it is required for emergency calls or texts when the allowance gets over."

My issue is i have unlimted calls and texts, so this minimium spend should not apply to me?

He also said " The unlimited calls and texts feature stops once you reach near to your spend cap and if it is set £0.00 it will stop allowing you to make calls once you have used all your data. Moreover, the minimum spend cap, that is set by BT is £5.00 and our tools will not allow us to submit it below that even if we want to do that as it is mandatory to leave the £5.00 for emergency situations once you are used up with your data allowance."

Am i missing something?  i pay £12 a month for unlimited call and text regardless, if i use data or not. he also said " That would have been the case, if the spend cap was set at £0.0 but as it is set at £5.00 you are able to make calls and texts even when you have used up all the data."

Surley my data has sod all to do with call/texts as i pay £12 for that. Seems like a scam to me.

Thanks in advance for any input.

7 REPLIES 7
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Another monthly spend cap!

Go to solution

Hi @IanDavies

Thanks for posting. I’ve actually been talking about the spending cap today with various people trying to See if there are in any way it could be reduced. I’ll wait to see what my suggestion brings, but for now..

It is a difficult one because for most people it is fine but I do appreciate why some would like it set to zero. I don’t think using your data would then stop calls or text if set up correctly  

What they are trying to say is there is currently no option for an agent to set it to zero. And as for the calls, not all numbers are included in the allowance such as special numbers. If it was set to zero and the account had no credit then it could stop all calls text and data. I think their script or explication was a bit long winded. 

clever_trevor
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi - I agree with previous post - should be allowed to be zero - 

If you say 'most' are happy - I would see this as either they are not aware - but ever so; we should be allowed if siging up for a contract to limit it to that spend (as our choice) - right now it seems we are forced to agree this extra amount like it or not - and given the BT advertising ability to 'manage spend', is missleading - other networkds (to name 2 Vodafone & Three) can set cap at zero - so come on BT - be nice to us..... 

m2018gc1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Hi. I can't remember which area I posted on previously about this but now on my mobile on website there is an option for £0 spend cap or £2.50 spend cap whereas previously the first option in the drop-down list was £5!!!

Has anyone else noticed this or changed the option.

One problem once set to £0 and save selected....... the option to change it eg back (to £2.5 or £5.0) no longer there.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @m2018gc1

Well Spotted, the mods have been working hard to get the cap dropped. If you can leave it for a day or so I will get one of the mods to check with the mobile team . As far as I am aware you should be able to up or down the cap limit..

m2018gc1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Drop up or drop down works ok when logging on mybt using mobile settings . I think the problem with no option to change cap happened when I asked my browser to request 'desktop site' settings.

All options seems to be working on mobile settings on mybt.... Hopefully no snags with billing.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@m2018gc1

I would have a quick chat with the Online Chat Team they can check the cap and your account/billing, and if there is an issue report it to the Mobile team. 

BT Online Chat

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi All, there has been a change to the spend cap. Please check out This Post by @SeanD

Cheers
John