Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bob26
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Anyone else have this problem ?

Impossible to change from contract to SIM only on or offline

I have been speaking with BT just about every day for the last 4 or 5 weeks. The pattern repeats itself daily. I order with the orders team or online, the order never materialises. I get a message asking me if I have ordered something and what it is? I reply with the details & nothing happens.

Because I am wanting to move from contract ( now ended ) to SIM only, I would expect a very simple process but it's anything but.

Probably spoken to almost 100 people now - most of which have guaranteed they will sort for me. I'll end up paying more at the end of the month now despite wanting a cheaper package.

Ofcom suggest this process should be made easy....just get pushed from one department to another and calls usually take about an hour - none of them ever resolve the issue. It's like Groundhog Day ! Maybe it's because I will be paying BT less when it get's sorted. I can place upgrades very easily ? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Anyone else have this problem ?

Hi @bob26 I'm really sorry to read that you've had problems getting your mobile phone plan changed. Did you manage to get this sorted?  I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team if you need any help with this and we'll be able to chase up the Mobile team on your behalf.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
bob26
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Anyone else have this problem ?

I got one issue sorted but placed another order for a different phone and the merry-go-round began again. It's also annoying that because all of these orders had to be sorted over the phone, I don't get any reward cards that I would have if the order could have been placed on line. I'm not labouring that point but that would have been a couple of hundred pounds by now.

Anyway thanks for your concern - Bob

0 Ratings