cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charley44
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Anyone know why I am suddenly unable to send a text more than 160 chrs without it converting to MMS

I have been using text for years, 6 weeks ago I transferred to BT, since yesterday I cannot send a text more than 160 chrs without it wanting to convert to MMS. I have sent many long texts without this issue. BT help is no help

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Anyone know why I am suddenly unable to send a text more than 160 chrs without it converting to

Hi @Charley44 a standard text message has a maximum of 160 characters and some phones automatically convert these to mms messages when you go over this limit other mobiles may send a couple of txts instead.  

Some phones let you switch this function off, or enable you to set up an alert when it happens. You'll need to check the manual or go to the support website for your phone to see to what to do.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Charley44
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Anyone know why I am suddenly unable to send a text more than 160 chrs without it converting to

My phone has never converted to MMS before, if it has, I have not been charged for MMS. I have discussed this issue with BT and they have no answer as to why this has suddenly happened, I don't like techie mysteries, there is usually an answer somewhere but I guess that I am going to have to live with this one. Thanks for replying

0 Ratings