cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlPimlico
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Apple Watch 5

Can anyone please advise given that BT acquired EE sometime ago weather BT can support Apple Watch now; if not when will BT support Apple Watch?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
albertj
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Apple Watch 5

Unfortunately BT Mobile does not support Apple Watch with Carrier.

I am sure BT will make an announcement, if they ever start supporting it; but you can also view supported carriers here on Apple’s Website

If am unsure when it will be supported, if at all.

--
Please press the thumbs up if you found my response useful and mark it as a solution if I resolved your query.
0 Ratings
AlPimlico
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

But BT acquired EE last year so have the capabilities for supporting the product and as it is part of BT Group so the question remains why not?

0 Ratings
albertj
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Unsure really. BT is a MVNO, and they’re usually considered more budget with fewer features. Such as this one.

EE might lose some customers if they support it.
--
Please press the thumbs up if you found my response useful and mark it as a solution if I resolved your query.
0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

@AlPimlicowrote:

But BT acquired EE last year so have the capabilities for supporting the product and as it is part of BT Group so the question remains why not?

Just because a business acquires a similar business it generally doesn't follow that they will offer the same products and services. For many reasons they often want to keep each business with its own identity, and one of the ways of doing that is with products and services.

There's also the possibility that a company could have certain rights in selling a product in specific territories.

0 Ratings
AlPimlico
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for your input but......BT acquired EE to increase the scope of its capabilities for the Corporate, Government and Retail businesses as a bundle communication package. The reason behind this was that BT did not have a Mobile capability as technologies advanced. Under Peter Bonfield (CEO); BT made a huge mistake by selling off its Mobility arm that we know today as O2. EE is not a stand alone business otherwise why buy it? It has to be integrated with all the other great communications that BT offer but I don't understand why EE can support Apple 4 but not through BT's Broadband Packages in the Retail Sector but on its own; if it's acts as a stand alone business where's the value?

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

It's mainly a stand alone business from the publics perspective, there will be many customers that will be loyal to EE because it may have unique products and services. It's no different to cars, pub chains etc.