Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Apple Watch and cellular

Go to solution
Hi

Does Bt now support Apple Watch with esim?

I see they are selling the phone on the Bt site
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10

Re: Apple Watch and cellular

Go to solution

Hi @jonsmile,

Welcome back to the community and thank you for posting.

Unfortunately BT Mobile are not yet able to support eSIM as the cellular version of Apple Watch employs an eSIM, this is not yet something BT Mobile are able to support.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

So BT sells a product they can't fully support, but still wants to take the full retail price off of customers. This is when owning a company (EE) that can do this. Looking to buy an Apple Watch, but seems like I am going to be forced to shop elsewhere for my mobile contract now, just so I can actually use the out of the box functions...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi

Is there a date perhaps in the future when BT will support the esim perhaps??

Trevary

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

It must be coming to a critical point for BT - they can’t afford to delay biting the bullet on eSims for much longer.

Highlighted
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Do you know whether BT will ever support Apple Watch cellular as I think I would purchase one if I was able to get the cellular version and surely if you said it would be an extra X amount of money per customer then it would be a great thing for BT to push to make more money and give extra to the customer. Please hopefully at some point you will support the eSims.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Well it’s time they supported it, as I have been asking this question for over two years, still getting the same non commits answers, as soon as my contract is up I will be moving to another service provider, sick of being passed about 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Dangermouse8,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry to hear that you have been unable to get an answer to your question.

Currently, we have no plans to add Apple Watches with eSims to our product portfolio.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Crazy, so I've just bought myself an eSim galaxy watch to go with my Galaxy S9 all on contract with BT. Will be using a bluetooth connection until either BT get the eSim connection sorted or my contract runs out. Seems that EE networks have eSim capability and you can use smart watches. Mind you EE is owned by BT so figure that one out. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

No MVNO supports Apple Watch.

There’s a reason BT Mobile is cheaper than EE. It gives customers a choice between packages that are cheaper and packages that are more fully featured.

If you want a cheap deal, BT Mobile’s great. If you want all the bells and whistles, you have to pay for it.