cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 26

Re: Apple watch

All I can say @Parply is that analysis with PMTS proves that using a card is faster, I've analysed it myself. Bank charges are nothing to do with what it costs, it's about making money. 

0 Ratings
Parply
Contributor
Message 22 of 26

@Andy005PMTS ? Do you mean Predetermined Motion Time Systems ? Every time I hear of somthing like this I immediately think of Carry On At You Convenience (part of a classic film based contribution towards British culture). The task might be predetermined but in this context there are too many variables relating to the starting conditiona for it to be easy to make definitive conclusions (e.g. start with phone/card in my hand vs in my partner's pocket ?). Also in this case perceptions count at least as much as absolutes. I have optimised my personal "configuration" to ensure using phone payment is, at least perceived by me, to be fastest and using my cards/cash slower. I susepct I am representative of some prevailing ongoing trends. I see a phone waved at least as often as a card, and rarely cash, when buying a drink at the pub.

Still hoping BT support the Apple watch soon ... 

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 26

Carry On At Your Convenience is a true classic, as so many of them are. From a consumer point of view I don't understand why Apple have gone solely for EE but personally I think Apple is the most arrogant and overrated company going. I think you might be waiting a while yet @Parply.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 26

Competition between mobile networks is good for the consumer it keeps prices competitve and offers us a choice. It maybe that BT Mobile bring the Apple Watch on board and even the eSIM however, it should be noted that these two seperate companies have a responsibility to its board to make a profit. If BT Mobile were offering the exact same service for less money that would not only damage EE but BT group profits. The current offering from both Brands offers a price and service line for everyone which seems to work.

We have argunments to both sides of smart watches, yes the allow you to pay for goods help monitor health conditions and allow you to communicate. They still need a human interaction, and they are only as fast as the merchant card service machine. You could also argue they distract consumers while driving, performing daily task and subject to more breakdowns. Also unlike the Apple Edition Watch which cost thousands and now discontinued.

0 Ratings
Philiptomlins
Beginner
Message 25 of 26

Re: Apple Watch

Vodafone do 

0 Ratings
Philiptomlins
Beginner
Message 26 of 26

Re: Apple Watch

No your phone and watch have to be with EE or Vodafone and it uses the same mins text and data that is in the tariff that you have
It is like a bolt on for £5 a month free for first 6 normally
0 Ratings