Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: Are BT Mobile phones locked?

Go to solution
I don't know if there is a form that can be filled out, maybe there is but I don't get the option on MYBT but I asked them to do it over the phone which might be why if there is a button I no longer have it. You can ask them by phone 0800 800 150 or maybe the live chat can do it?
When they do it it can take some time, mine took about a week and half if I recall correctly. And yes BT uses EE's network, however you are a BT customer not an EE one, so if the phone is locked to BT then that males correct technical sense. I know some people have been fortunate that even being locked they can use the main operators sim - how this happens is beyond me as it technically shouldn't work, but there we are
firestorm
Beginner
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution
thanks for that reply, its verg usefull, it looks like bt mobile arent a traditional mvno like tesco which runs on o2, their sims can be used in each others locked devices, just like giffgaff works in o2 and tesco devices. i'll go on live chat at some point and see what they can do 👌🏻
0 Ratings
Highlighted
MYKEU
Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

My iPhone 6S from BT (with a BT SIM) was not locked.

I was able to use my phone abroad in Hong Kong with a SIM i bought there.

0 Ratings
Vanish202uk
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution
i have a Iphone 7 and they are unlocked 🙂
0 Ratings
Vanish202uk
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

@paulo1980 wrote:

The Iphone 7 is definitley locked for all providers for the first 6 months.

Iphone  do come unlocked i recentley got the iphone 7 plus with BT and my 3 sim works on the phone 

0 Ratings