cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drmrbrewer
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

At my wit's end (mods... please help me before I lose the will)

Go to solution

Sorry, not the most informative title, but I have spent many hours of my life (none of which I will ever get back) trying to sort this out, and am somewhat irritated (understatement of the century).

In short, I have four SIMs on my account that (touch wood) appear to be operational, but I need another SIM (large family, lots of kids).

But, for some reason, I cannot place an order for the fifth (and final) SIM.  I've tried online many many times, I've been passed around the houses on the phone for hours and hours, from Sales, to Customer Options, to Customer Retention, to Credit Referral, and back round again.  Each person that is unable to help finds that the easiest way out is just to suggest speaking to someone else.  I've even submitted a complaint, but all that has resulted in is a continuation of this ridiculous merry-go-round without anyone at BT actually being able to sort out the problem.

Some pertinent facts:

I've been told that when they attempt to place the order for the SIM over the phone, I get a green credit check (all good) but despite that the order is declined with the reason relating to credit scoring.  They can't understand why, but cannot do anything about it.  On the one hand my credit is fine, but on the other hand it is not.  The credit referral team were unable to help.

Surely (surely) someone can sort this out?  For the record, my credit rating is rock solid (checked as a result of all of this, and it's 999 out of 999) and I've been with BT for 30 years without any credit issues.

I suspect that the system has got itself into a knot with some orders I placed over the phone, then cancelled to place online instead (to benefit from the online offer... was misformed about that over the phone).  I think something is stuck somewhere that is preventing me ordering the fifth SIM, but *nobody* can apparently help!

I've had issues in the past with BT (check my posting history) where the mods here have pulled strings that haven't been pulled by anyone else at BT, so am hoping the mods will come to the rescue again.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
liggerz87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: At my wit's end (mods... please help me before I lose the will)

Go to solution
You'd have to make a new account
0 Ratings
drmrbrewer
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
How do I make a new account? I can only see how to make a new BT ID, but that requires you to give an account number, so it links to the same account.
0 Ratings
drmrbrewer
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

OK so I worked it out in the end... place an order for a SIM as if I was not a BT customer, thereby creating a new account.  This is what BT support have now suggested... place the SIM order on a new account as a workaround, and they can then reduce the monthly charge to account for the broadband discount that would have applied had this been on the main account.

Still in disbelief that someone at BT cannot just fix the underlying problem that has prevented me from ordering the final SIM on my main account.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@drmrbrewer I'm sorry to see you're having issues getting another sim ordered. We'll be happy to get this looked into if you use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
drmrbrewer
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks @NeilO.  Have done this.  And I've PM'ed you with the enquiry reference number.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@drmrbrewer Thanks, I can see your details in our queue now.  

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @drmrbrewer,

Thanks for taking my call today. I'm really glad I was able to get this sorted for you. It took some time but we got there in the end. Post back if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
drmrbrewer
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks, David, really appreciate it.  BTW I still haven't received any feedback request...

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Happy to help @drmrbrewer. The surveys can take a few days to go out but if you don't see it by the end of the week let me know and I'll send it again.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings