cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonimilw
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT Mobile App/WiFi

My BT mobile went on line today -  no problems and very smooth transition.  However, I've downloaded the BT Mobile App and am getting a message saying that I've got the BT Wifi app installed but it's not fully set up.  I've had the WiFi app for a while and as far as I know it is set up propertly. I have already downloaded the BT Profile and am logged in so not sure why I'm getting this message 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Mobile App/WiFi

For a start, try deleting both of the apps [making sure you also delete them from your SD card if appropriate.

Than try loading the wi fi app first then the Mobile app; if no joy delete both again and then download and install the Mobile app and then the wi fi app.

I'd also check on bt.com that your account appears to be fully provisioned for the mobile side of things.

If still no joy, come back on here and I'm sure that someone will try and move this isue forward for you.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
essjay
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

I've installed the BTWiFi app, and set up the profile, but it has an annoying habit. Every now and again my phone will drop my home BTinternet wifi, and lock to the BTWiFi associated wifi signal. It's annoying as the connection speed is considerably slower, and that's the only way I know it's reconnected.
I don't want to ignore the BTWiFi signal, as it will ignore it when I'm not at home as well.
Is there any way to get it to favour my home connection over any other whilst I'm at home?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

There is a setting within the app, which allows you to give priority to your home broadband.

0 Ratings
essjay
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Keith, would you be so kind as to point me towards the place in the app where I can give priority. I've spent ages and still can't find it.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

Launch the app then open the menu (3 vertical dots at top right). Under Settings check "Automatically connect me to my home hub ..."

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
essjay
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Well, this is very frustrating. Firstly I've not got 3 vertical dots top right of any page I can find. And the option doesn't appear under any 'Settings' tab
Can I firstly make sure which app we're talking about, the BTWiFi app or the BT Mobile app?
And we are talking iPhone app and not Android.?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
essjay
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Ok, so I've found out why I cant get the option on my iPhone, it's because it's not available in the iOS app.
I have an Android tablet as well as an iPad, and the BTWifi app on Android does have the option. I assume therefore that you must both be using the Android app.
Very frustrating that iOS doesn't support it, but I've got used to Apple locking stuff down tighter than a ducks backside, so I shouldn't really be surprised 😞
0 Ratings
tonimilw
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

All fine now but now I have a new problem!  The Wi-fi app is stuck on the screen that says "set up complete". Can't get off it to find wi-fi hotspots or anything.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice but still no luck.  its not a major problem as i still connect to hot spots when I'm out but it's rather annoying - any suggestions. 

0 Ratings