Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glassblower
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Mobile International Roaming after 6 months

Hello

Not sure where to go with this one as BT customer help and their credit office have quite frankly been useless at resolving the matter.

I joined BT Mobile in March and at the time I was told I wouldn't be able to have roaming for 6 months due to my poor credit rating. The low score was due to a genuine error that has now been rectified returning my credit score to excellent.

I accepted the restrictions when my score was low but now it's excellent so I called BT to get the roaming enabled only to be told it can't be done until I've been with them for six months.

MyBT still reports I can't have it because my credit rating is low, nothing to do with any six month rule but the credit department (wherever it is in the world) keeps spouting six moths, six months.

Fed up of calling BT to get a fix so thought I'd try here.

Thank you

Yorkie

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Mobile International Roaming after 6 months

was that using mobile help  https://www.bt.com/help/home/mobile.html?s_intcid=%20Con_community:BT%20Mobile:L2:BT.com%20Help:BT%2...

or normal bt helpline

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
glassblower
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thank you. I rang 150.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @glassblower and thanks for posting.

Did you get this sorted yet? Can you let us know how you're getting on?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
glassblower
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

The problem remains unresolved. I spent over 1.5 hours on the phone to four different people at BTMobile yesterday morning. They tell me their computer programme will not allow activation of roaming now until I've made six months clear payments, this is regardless of my credit score now being in the green and excellent.

I even offered to pay them a further three months payments which will take me straight away to six months but they said it can't be done and that the roaming restriction has to remain until six months is up on 30th September. This date is after my holiday in Europe early September so I'm left with having to source another SIM for my trip abroad, probably Three on a rolling monthly contract then cancel after 1 month.

I can buy myself out of the remaining 9 months of the contract at £107 but I don't want to do this as I'm happy with the service I'm receiving here in the UK. Left feeling very very disappointed with BT, something that will definitely now affect the decision I had made to switch my home broadband to them - not that they'll be bothered about losing that. Clearly too big a company to care about one disgruntled customer. Back to Three for my mobile when the contract's up and staying with TalkTalk for my home broadband.

Fed up of every phone call to BT turning into a battle.

GB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
liggerz87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Have you tried buying the roaming ad on
0 Ratings
glassblower
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

It seems I would need the voice/text part working before I can get the add-on. See what I mean about a battle?

0 Ratings