cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Mobile New SIM, old number transfer (TWO mobile numbers in use simultaneously?!)

I ordered a new SIM from BT Mobile and requested my old number be transferred over to it. I had a text from BT confirming the mobile number had been moved yesterday, but some of my contacts are having issues when I message them...

For some reason people are able to call me using my old number (which I'm keeping), but whenever I send a text out it's coming from my new BT Mobile number (which surely shouldn't be active if my old number has now swapped over). Why is this? How do I fix this so that only my new number is being used for outgoing/incoming texts and calls etc?

I've done everything they informed me to do (turn the device off and back on) and that didn't seem to resolve the issue. And I've tried removing the SIM and putting it back in. Yet my BT Mobile number is still active when my old number should have transferred. Very confusing and annoying! Please help!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Mobile New SIM, old number transfer (TWO mobile numbers in use simultaneously?!)

Sounds like a split port 

You need to contact customer service on 150 to get them to resolve the issue.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT Mobile New SIM, old number transfer (TWO mobile numbers in use simultaneously?!)

I had the same issue with mine, called 0800800150 and I was sorted pretty quick.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @laurieedmondson and welcome to the community.

Sorry for the late reply. Did you get this sorted as per @Tally1001  and @Anonymous  advice?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings