cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EJW
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Mobile Porting - number not assigned

My old number was ported on 27 Feb and SIM card inserted on 28 Feb. Got a text message from BT that it would take 30 mins to set up the service. Since that time mobile data is functioning but incoming and outcoming texts do not function and incoming callers get the message "number not assigned". Phoned 150 on 29 Feb and after going through a number of suggestions and phone calls, the operator decided that I had a porting problem. Told me the problem was being forwarded and I would be contacted within an hour. 15 hours later, I have heard nothing. 

I am really more than annoyed. I was satisfied with my old provider and was told by BT sales that switching would be no problem whatsoever and more or less automatic. I absolutely need my phone for business, online banking etc asap. I have raised a complaint but can somebody please look at this issue? This is taking hours of my time and I wish I had never switched. I am also concerned that I am going to lose my number now.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Mobile Porting - number not assigned

@EJW wrote:

I absolutely need my phone for business,

@EJW 

Are you a BT Business mobile user?

0 Ratings
EJW
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

no. Don't really know what that has to do with the problem?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@EJW wrote:

no. Don't really know what that has to do with the problem?

You are posting on a BT Residential forum, so if you were a BT Business forum, it would be a different forum.

Bear in mind that this is only a customer to customer help forum, and your post here does not go to BT. We are all just customers.

0 Ratings
EJW
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

OK, so this is not going to help to get my problem solved? I am beginning to think the only way to solve this is to cancel the contract and get a pay to go sim. I am going to lose my number though which is a bit of a disaster really.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 6 of 6

Hi @EJW,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry your BT Mobile hasn't been working correctly. If you send me in your details, I'll be able to take a look at the details of your complaint.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings