Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GaryG
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Mobile Roaming charges from Germany back to UK

I am looking at signing up to BT Mobile and being an existing BT Broadband user, I am encouraged by the £5 discount.

However, I spend a fair amount of time in Germany for work and when I looked up the roaming charges for calls made from Germany back the UK, I was completely horrified. Can anyone please confirm that a call from Germany to a UK landline really costs £1.40 per minute? I am refering to the information on pages 35-36 in the following linked document:

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf?s_cid...

All other mobile providers are around the £0.17p per minute cost range, so if it is true that BT is charging £1.40 per minute, I will definitely not be signing up!

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Mobile Roaming charges from Germany back to UK

Hi GaryG,

I've looked at the tariff guide and the cost of calling a UK landline from Germany on the BT Mobile network is 16.6p per minute and this is rounded up to the nearest penny so it would be 17p per minute.

The £1.40 per minute charge is for calls to rest of the world and premium numbers when you are using BT Mobile in Germany.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3
Moved:

Re: BT Mobile Roaming charges from Germany back to UK

0 Ratings