cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
luigi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 51 of 295

Re: BT Mobile SIM only plans - Tethering?

Go to solution
I AGGREE
0 Ratings
benn_1960
Beginner
Message 52 of 295

Go to solution

These are my sentiments entirely!

Currently on three but need to tether on my daily train commute.

Simply a poor business strategy from BT and I don't believe the reason given to the OP.

vics
Message 53 of 295

Go to solution
Why on Earth would I ever need 20GB of mobile internet without tethering? BT, why not to become the firts provider ever in the UK with really interesting SIM plan? Think again!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 54 of 295

Go to solution

@vics wrote:
Why on Earth would I ever need 20GB of mobile internet without tethering? BT, why not to become the firts provider ever in the UK with really interesting SIM plan? Think again!

If you had a tablet computer with a mobile SIM card inside, then you could easily use that amount.

0 Ratings
silas184
Message 55 of 295

Go to solution

Tethering a deal breaker here too!

Wake up BT and smell the coffee.

If I pay for 20gig of Data what is it to you which device I use to consume the data.

Many more customers will feel like me that you have missed a golden opportunity to pick up more customers.

Looks like I'm off to the 3 store then.

Bye

0 Ratings
roybad
Beginner
Message 56 of 295

Go to solution

Bye bye BT - really silly and truly pathetic a BT rep couldn't be bothered to reply on here.

They spend so much on marketing and fall down on the simple things.

0 Ratings
dave29
Message 57 of 295

Go to solution
Looked interesting until saw lack of tethering. A deal breaker when there are a number of competitive flexible payg deals available with tethering. There are even payg data deals usable abroad with no roaming charges. So sorry BT. I will not be adding mobile to my Infinity contract.
0 Ratings
ddf77
Message 58 of 295

Go to solution

I'm glad I checked here before signing up (after reading a comment eleswehere that there being a problem with tethering). 

I had read about BT Mobile's special offer for broadband customers and it looked to be the perfect deal for me as the 4G signal from O2 is non-existent where I live and I am coming to the end of my O2 contract   The ee/BT 4G signal is excellent and the £5-off offer made it a lot better.

But the "no tethering" from BT is a deal breaker - especially after I read the BT response of "We don't support tethering because using many devices on one mobile service quickly uses up your allowance and can lead to out of plan charges. Therefore we want to make sure you're always connected on your mobile, and have the right plan for your mobile needs."

This implies that users need nannying and are too stupid to be able to monitor or control their own useage (there are plenty of apps to help you do this) - rather than the more likely truth that it will cost BT more if their customers use up more of the data they have already paid for if tethering is allowed.  

Depressing.  I'll be going for an ee contract.  

0 Ratings
Kerloch
Contributor
Message 59 of 295

Go to solution

I am glad I found this thread.  I was just about to sign up for BT mobile but will now be staying with my current provider which does allow tethering.  I had thought that this was a really good offer from BT but it now appears otherwise.

0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 60 of 295

Go to solution

Can someone from BT please explain this decision in the light of how I use my mobile appliances. I have a 3G Android mobile and an Android tablet. The tablet is wifi only. When I'm away from wifi I can use my mobile, in tethered mode, to use my tablet. This doesn't seem to be a misuse of data resources that I've paid for.

I also have a 4G mifi wireless router, using an EE data only SIM, that creates a 4G wifi hotspot to be used both by my mobile and tablet. If BT Mobile could produce a data only SIM specifically for such data use I might be interested. Has this been considered by BT as a possibility? I'm assuming that a 4G mifi router is of no use with BT Mobile?

0 Ratings