cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
federalc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 101 of 295

Re: BT Mobile SIM only plans - Tethering?

Go to solution

OK - Ombusdman service says it's a commercial decision and they can do nothing. Looks like I'm stuck with their underhand tactics and downright lies. Just out of interest try googling the mobile T&C's - I just have again and there is no mention of tethering restrictions in the ones readily avaiolable online.

0 Ratings
rscott
Aspiring Expert
Message 102 of 295

Go to solution
@federalc - I can't find it either. There's nothing in the T&C here https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/terms/mobile.html - forbidding it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
federalc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 103 of 295

Go to solution
I found it again, not on my laptop now so can't post a link yet.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 104 of 295

Go to solution

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/terms/mobile-service.html

25 (b)

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rscott
Aspiring Expert
Message 105 of 295

Go to solution
25 (a) is somewhat daft.
Anyone using an Android phone is probably breaking that, especially if they have location reporting enabled.
0 Ratings
rscott
Aspiring Expert
Message 106 of 295

Go to solution
So the set I posted are for contracts prior to 25th March this year and the other for all started after that date.

Why BT couldn't put those dates on the T&C pages, I don't know. I guess that would risk making it obvious though.

It definitely should be stated on the FAQ here - http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/4g-sim-only-plans/nonbb.html - though.
0 Ratings
Lillpete
Aspiring Contributor
Message 107 of 295

Go to solution
I spoke to an Indian Lady on the phone today to ask about a refund as a good will gesture seeing as i did not realise tethering was forbidden, and was basically told to "jog on" and only use the data for my handset not laptops etc.

If you are using a mobile the BT website is pants you just go round in loops without being able to find what your looking for. I definately believe they are not being upfront with tethering as it is well hidden in the terms and conditions. On my mobile I couldn't find it at ask with out a direct link someone posted. Really considering cancelling my broadband and phone or of spite!
0 Ratings
Lillpete
Aspiring Contributor
Message 108 of 295

Go to solution
Sorry, a few typo's in there but hopefully you got the gist.
0 Ratings
addyeddy
Message 109 of 295

Go to solution

Well, when I joined BT mobile, I could tether, now I can't.What's the point of a 20GB data allowance if I can't tether?

I will be leaving at the end of my 12 month contract and taking my landline and broadband contracts with me.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 110 of 295

Go to solution

Hopefully BT,mobile may see the light and allow tethering by by the time your contract comes to an end

The problem is so many people myself included just tick the box agreeing the T&C because they cannot be bothered to check and then when like tethering it is clearly stated it is not permitted then get annoyed at BT whereas the problem was yours (mine) for not taking the time to read the T&C in the first place

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.