cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sermain
Beginner
Message 151 of 295

Re: BT Mobile SIM only plans - Tethering?

Go to solution
Was about to sign up for a 20mg sim until I asked about tethering. Not allowed but I can use BT wi-fi they say.
Sorry BT but get with it. Might well consider dropping my broadband with you too.
0 Ratings
dickt2
Beginner
Message 152 of 295

Go to solution

BT don't read this thread in any formal sense.

If you want tethering, go to giffgaff who do allow it.

0 Ratings
hgujer
Message 153 of 295

Go to solution

This is not acceptable. In fact it feels like it's profiteering.  Why sell something you cannot use? ie 20GB?  I have been miss-sold by BT - A matter for the regulator I think.

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 154 of 295

Go to solution

There are plenty of mobile operators, no one is forced to choose BT Mobile. If you need tethering, you need another operator. Sure, you may pay more, but there's a reason BT's deals are so good.

I solved the problem by getting an additional 500MB SIM for my iPad — occasional use of that away from home was the only time I ever missed tethering. The combined price of that and the 2GB SIM in my iPhone is still less than I was paying my previous operator.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 155 of 295

Go to solution

@hgujer wrote:

This is not acceptable. In fact it feels like it's profiteering.  Why sell something you cannot use? ie 20GB?  I have been miss-sold by BT - A matter for the regulator I think.

you have not been mis-sold by BT - you like me and many others did not read the T&C but just ticked the box and agreed the T&C.  if you had checked the T&C or read the forum you would have known about tethering as it is quite clearly stated it is not permitted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
John_heat
Message 156 of 295

Go to solution

The answer is not an answer you may not permit its use for tethering but I'm an adult and I believe you mus be an adult to take out the contract you offer a means of limiting overspend which I use

i have bought 20 gb and would prefer to be able to use the data as I see fit I do not need but or anyone else to help me

i liked your deal and took it out I moved my phone landline and 4 mobile numbers to you but unless this changes it will be back to sky in november

0 Ratings
John_heat
Message 157 of 295

Re: Disappointing

Go to solution

Nice quote from t&c 

but think that this is a gripe rather than a search for info

this should have been upfront on their web page not hidden away. 

You our live and learn don't take but at face value

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 158 of 295

Go to solution

@John_heat wrote:

Nice quote from t&c 

but think that this is a gripe rather than a search for info

this should have been upfront on their web page not hidden away. 

You our live and learn don't take but at face value

I think this just illustrates you should always read the T&C before ticking the box and not after it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
federalc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 159 of 295

Go to solution

Is there any update on what will happen to tethering once the acquisition of EE completes later this month? As EE do allow tethering and BT don't I'm waiting to see what will happen. Will EE customers lose it when their contracts renew, or will BT roll over and give it to everyone?

I'm lucky as both my broadband and mobile contracts end very shortly, but I'd rather not switch unless I have to.

0 Ratings
rscott
Aspiring Expert
Message 160 of 295

Go to solution

I doubt anything will change. I'd expect they'll operate as two separate retail operations with different product offerings for the forseable future.

0 Ratings