cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winstn60
Message 191 of 295

Re: BT Mobile SIM only plans - Tethering?

Go to solution

I'm very dissapointed that BT don't allow tethering on Iphones. This means I cant connect to my TOM TOM Sat Nav traffic updates which incidentally uses a tiny amount of my data allowance. Its an absolutely essential service for me and I suspect lots of other drivers. Really poor that this isnt mentioned in up front when requesting the service I will be moving back again to my previous provider

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 192 of 295

Go to solution

as I have posted already it is clearly stated in the T&C that tethering is not permitted and this is a good lesson that just ticking the box agreeing the T&C is not a good idea.  I for one am  more conscious of reading T&C before just ticking the box.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
stoney1973
Aspiring Contributor
Message 193 of 295

Go to solution
While I appreciate that some don't read the T&C's, simply repeating your response in different guises doesn't help anyone.
We get it. Read the T&C's. Either you can help or just say that you aren't allowed to help and that you have to repeat a script.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 194 of 295

Go to solution

@stoney1973 wrote:
Either you can help or just say that you aren't allowed to help and that you have to repeat a script.

You're addressing a fellow customer who's expressing an opinion, not an employee with a script. He's entitled to do that, just as those who repeat the same complaint that's already been done to death are.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
essjay
Contributor
Message 195 of 295

Go to solution

Well, yesterday I received a letter from BT saying that as a loyal BT mobile customer since inception I could have the 20Gb data limit for an extra £4 a month. 

What on earth would I do with a 20Gb limit on my phone without being able to tether my iPad?

That is why I plan to go to EE in April when my BT contract is up. I've been a BT Mobile customer since it started, and there must be a great deal of people like me, whose contract will soon be up.

I wonder how many more will jump ship like me? All because BT won't allow tethering. Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Damien1
Aspiring Expert
Message 196 of 295

Go to solution

I really can't believe this thread is still going bt don't allow tethering its in the terms and conditions I really can't see why people feel the need to moan about something they knew about when signing up 

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 197 of 295

Go to solution

@essjay wrote:

Well, yesterday I received a letter from BT saying that as a loyal BT mobile customer since inception I could have the 20Gb data limit for an extra £4 a month. What on earth would I do with a 20Gb limit on my phone without being able to tether my iPad? That is why I plan to go to EE in April when my BT contract is up. I've been a BT Mobile customer since it started, and there must be a great deal of people like me, whose contract will soon be up. I wonder how many more will jump ship like me? All because BT won't allow tethering. Smiley Mad

I just got an extra five quid SIM for my iPad. Sorted. 

0 Ratings
Jack913
Message 198 of 295

Go to solution
The reason Bt wont allow tethring is because they would lose out on customers within there broadband Service
Not because they worry about you going over your data allowance
0 Ratings
mcronline
Contributor
Message 199 of 295

Go to solution
Because they fear losing broadband customers doesn't sound right. Who is going to drop unlimited fibre with no restrictions for a metered capped system with restrictions? Plus is BT don't do it, others will. More likely BT is the value service with restrictions and EE is the premium service with all functionality. Either that or EE has some restriction to its reseller program that means BT paid less for the licence than it would have done. So it is More likely a restriction EE put on BT, pre sale of course not to undermine its own offerings.
0 Ratings
rscott
Aspiring Expert
Message 200 of 295

Go to solution
People like me (who can get 5MBit/s ADSL but no fibre yet) where a 4G connection gives me decent broadband speeds!

I have ADSL, but am actually using an EE sim from their 100GB a month Christmas offer as my primary connection.

BT Mobile seems to be the only mobile provider who has a blanket ban on tethering. They're also the mobile provider with the largest investment in fixed broadband. As @Jack913 says, that's hardly a coincidence.