cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 221 of 295

Re: BT Mobile SIM only plans - Tethering?

Go to solution
This is a ridiculous policy and a non sensical response. BT offer 20gb on a SIM only plan so the dangers running over my data allowance is zero! I have an iPad which I need to tether - BT please change this policy!!!! Otherwise I am going to have to consider moving my plan, which I do not want to do.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 222 of 295

Go to solution

@Simplerequirements

As this started over a year ago and nothing has changed I think it's safe to say you need to move elsewhere

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
dantheman12345
Aspiring Contributor
Message 223 of 295

Go to solution

Same here, kids sometimes want to use their Ipad in the car and I've been looking all over the 6s to find hot spot, thought apple had hidden it lol,  can't find it anywhere and now I know why.............it's because of rotten BT!!

My kids want to do there school work in the car whilst traveling and it only takes a few mb to log in to the Lexia5 so come on BT SORT THIS OUT!!

0 Ratings
AlistairK
Message 224 of 295

Go to solution
Oh per-lease! This is complete rubbish.
It's 2016 and I am intelligent enough to know how much data I need for my tethering purposes. I am now locked into a fairly useless contract.
Did I check the small print to find out that I couldn't tether? No. But I also didn't check whether I could get BBC on my TV or whether my car radio receives UK radio stations. I bought a mobile contract with a data allowance. I expect tethering.

Shame on you BT. I am a loyal customer, but God knows why with shockingly bad services like this.
If BT don't either start tethering or let me out of this contract, they will lose (yet) another customer.
0 Ratings
dgrimshaw
Message 225 of 295

Go to solution

I was looking at BT Mobile SIM only and as I use tethering quite a bit when away from home as there's places with no HotSpots (e.g. if out in the countryside). Fortunatley I contacted BT and they said tehering wasn't available but "may be" in the future - rather no commital! Thus, even though I am a BT customer (broadband, etc) this is a deal breaker for me so I'll be sticking with 3.

0 Ratings
dgrimshaw
Message 226 of 295

Go to solution

Just looking at the number of replies to this topic, compared to others in the Forum, shows how significant thethering issue is. Maybe BT will see this and realise they need to do something about it and allow & support thethering.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 227 of 295

Go to solution

@dgrimshaw wrote:

Just looking at the number of replies to this topic, compared to others in the Forum, shows how significant thethering issue is. Maybe BT will see this and realise they need to do something about it and allow & support thethering.

with the number that have taken up BT Mobile there is only a very small percentage posting here about not being able to tether so maybe not an important addition - or they use android and do it anywaySmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
egward53
Contributor
Message 228 of 295

Go to solution

Or they use Android and do it anyway...

Probably I shouldn't be saying this, but I occasionally tether on my Android phone with my BT sim. When I do I VPN to my own router, (its a method I have set up to use when I'm abroad anyway so already have OpenVPN installed), don't know if that really makes a difference, but feels like I'm doing something to obfuscate the data flow and hide the tethering.

0 Ratings
Djd
Message 229 of 295

Go to solution
Hi,

Why fully restrict everyone? Why not either stick a standard cap on each plan by default or give PAYING users the right to opt out or use tethering?

Saying you do it for the users benifit and giving them no options is hardly acceptable...

Please advise.

Regards
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 230 of 295

Go to solution

This is essentially a customer to customer forum and comments do not automatically get taken on board by BT. There is no advice to give. BT made a decision and as far as we know they're sticking with it, presumably until such time as commercial realities dictate otherwise.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings