Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
croatoan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 295

Re: Disappointing

Go to solution

I have just ordered a sim card and was assured that tethering was possible but not advised. I have seen no terms or conditions at the point of order and asked four times during the conversation and purchase.

Each time the adviser told me I was able to tether.

Under the distance selling regulations, I expect to be able to tether without issue or have no objections at sending it back.

At the end of the day 20GB is 20GB and shouldnt matter what device you use.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 295

Go to solution

Check post 3 about connecting to another device

tried it with HTC desire and it works

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 295

Go to solution
No tethering is very disappointing. I am a light data user and the 2GB would have been ideal but I do tether an iPad a couple of times a month so will have to stay with what I have for now.

I see mention here of the combo sim, is there a nano sim option too anyway?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 295

Go to solution

there is a nano sim for iphone - just a matter of selecting

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 295

Re: BT Mobile SIM only plans - Tethering?

Go to solution
So does "not supported" mean it works but we won't help you with it or does it mean its not available and will be blocked if you try to use it?
0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 295

Go to solution
Thank you.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 295

Go to solution

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/Disappointing/td-p/1463412/page/2

I posted about T&C and not blocked on HTC desire

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 295

Go to solution
Thanks i jolly, I did see that but was hoping a Mod might give a definitive "official" answer. The fact that it works at the moment does not mean it will not be disabled later or that you might be blocked if you use it.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 295

Go to solution

All it says is that you cannot share your connection, it does not say that you must not share your connection. Its not saying you are prohibited, its a bit ambiguous. On a basic 500mb allowance, it would be a bit risky sharing the connection.

Its implying that it will not work, which may be the case on some phones.

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 295

Go to solution
Thanks Keith, yes but we are all trying to just guess their interpretation of their words rather than having a definitive answer. The deals are clearly good value if you never tether but for those of us who do, albeit not often, then we can't risk the chance of having the account locked because we tried to tether. It clearly seems to have allowed it in testing by some so far but what will happen further down the line is just guess work.
0 Ratings