cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Mobile Vs EE - Network Speed

Thinking of switching from EE to BT. Purely for the 12 month deals that are on offer.

Te one thing I'm not sure of is how it works?

Does BT Mobile full at run speed like EE, or are they similar to MVNO's? So EE customers get faster speeds and higher priority, better bands available etc?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Mobile Vs EE - Network Speed

I’m not really sure how it works anymore now there’s 5G.

It used to be the below, you’d pay extra for the faster speeds. I’ve got Halo 3 so get their ‘fastest speeds’ up to 90Mbps but I regularly exceed that on 4G and on 5G I’ve gotten  up to 500Mbps down.

https://www.bt.com/help/mobile/manage-service/buying-add-ons-for-extra-minutes--speed-or-data/questi...

Similar at a guess, maybe there’s a limit on 5G too if you don’t have Halo.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

@Jbennett360 standard speeds are capped as BT Mobile is offered as a budget alternative to EE. If you have broadband from BT and are on a Halo package, you should get the extra speed boost added on as part of your package along with double data. 

Message 4 of 8

AHH. That's a shame. 

Bit unfair on customers who can't actually get BT due to their location (Hull)

Looks like I'll have to give BT a miss then!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

It's not BT's fault that that for some very bizarre reason other telcos are still locked out of Hull so I guess they'd rather focus on the 10's of millions of households that can benefit from their services

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

True. Be nice for it to be available as an added extra though for those who can't benefit.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8

I’m sure you used to be able to pay more for the extra speed - £5 or so which gave you up to 60Mbps. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I’m pretty sure BT and EE get customers get the same speed. Now, all plans include 5G, there are no speed caps.

0 Ratings