Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaytelford
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT Mobile app, shows that I don't have 4G or WiFi calling on an S9

Hi
I purchased a Galaxy S9 directly from BT on a 24 month contract, to replace my old SIM only contract, as my old.phone was broken.

After installing the BT Mobile app, it says that I don't have WiFi or 4G calling.

However, BT Mobile specifically advertise that a Galaxy S9, purchased directly from them, would have WiFi and 4G calling.

Why is the BT mobile app showing that I don't?
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Mobile app, shows that I don't have 4G or WiFi calling on an S9

4G and wi-fi calling is a feature you enable through the handset, the BT network supports that feature, check your instructions for the phone and enable, that's it.

gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 12

You can find out how to turn it on here

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/60450

When it's enabled you should be able to see it at the top of your phone in the notification area.  Although be aware I have it enabled and it works, but both the BT App and "My Account" page say it's NOT on.

Hope that helps

Highlighted
jaytelford
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Hi, 

Thanks.  My phone does show that they are both enabled and indeed it seems that they are.  Its weird that they app and my account doesn't show they are though.  I guess that was what confused me.

Cheers

Jay

0 Ratings
iTraxx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

I have the same problem on an iPhone XS, both 4G calling and WiFi calling work but both show up as not compatible on the Phone and Sim section of My Mobile on the My BT webpage and as NO under Phone Connectivity on the BT Mobile app.

The phone's IMEI number, Sim serial number and all other information are all correct, so its very odd that this cant be sorted out. 

0 Ratings
Furzul
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

@iTraxxwrote:

I have the same problem on an iPhone XS, both 4G calling and WiFi calling work but both show up as not compatible on the Phone and Sim section of My Mobile on the My BT webpage and as NO under Phone Connectivity on the BT Mobile app.

The phone's IMEI number, Sim serial number and all other information are all correct, so its very odd that this cant be sorted out. 

Mine is the same. Wi-fi and 4G calling work fine on my XS, but show not available in my BT, so not a big problem. 

0 Ratings
clever_trevor
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Me too, on iPhone XS.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 8 of 12

Do you have VoLTE enabled ? I'm sure I've read it interferes with Wi-fi calling, try switching it off and testing again.

0 Ratings
nikiandemma
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Same here on Pixel 3. Both features work fine but don't show on the app
0 Ratings
krisdeb
Message 10 of 12

The same with Nokia 8 Sirocco

0 Ratings