cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Mobile contract

My BT Mobile contract is approaching its minimum term and to save money I'm going to try and start a new sim only contract. I tried the same with another Bt mobile about 2 years ago and had nothing but problems for about 3 months afterwards. What is the  best way to change contracts ?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Mobile contract

New Ofcom rules require providers to contact customers nearing end of contract with details of options, rather than just ticking along on the same terms. Depending how far away your contract end date is you could either wait for that or pre-empt by calling CS & selecting the option to leave BT. Hopefully you'll be offered a SIM only equivalent to a new customer.

The difficulty in taking a new SIM only contract is in porting your number. Typically providers won't port a number from within their own network, so you have the inconvenience of first porting out to a PAYG SIM with another network & then porting back again.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Mobile contract

If you’re within 30 days from the end of your minimum term call 150 and select the options that route you to ‘thinking of leaving’ they’ll discuss the best options for you.

If you do re-contact they’ll move to the new tariff and minimum term. Unless you opt to move to EE which is optional, they will push that option, you won’t need to mess around with PAC or new SIM cards.You need to specify that you don’t wish to port to EE and would like BT only deals.

The only caveat to this is if you’re wanting  a new handset the choices are limited to 1-2, 4G only handsets so you will have to set up a new contract with EE and port your number over. 

0 Ratings