cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT Mobile in Europe

@iTraxx Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry about the problems with your BT Mobile service.

Our Mobile team would like to get this investigated further and have requested your customer details to help them resolve this problem and I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Sfjw
Message 12 of 16

I have found the same problem and setting your spend cap to more than £0 (£2.50 in my case) solves the problem.
Roaming and international calls are enabled.
Note tha as I have plenty of minutes on my contract I am not charged for normal , non premium calls.
The data roaming cap can be left set to £0
0 Ratings
Lesley6
Beginner
Message 13 of 16

Thank you so much for this, thought I was going mad. I switched to BT Mobile 11 months ago. I've been on at least 6 holidays to Spain since them and have never been able to receive incoming calls. I call BT each time I return and each time I'm told they've no idea why this would be happening. I returned from Canaries on 6/1/19 and called BT yesterday to advise of the same problem. The advisor recommended that I amend the Spend Cap from £0 to £2.50 and it may solve it, I'll not know until I travel again. After reading your post I'm confident I may finally be able to receive calls. This information needs to be relayed the Customer Service Advisors so when callers ring them with the same issue they can confidently advise them how to rectify it or ideally BT Mobile need to find a fix for it.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

@iTraxx Thanks for sending in your details, I've passed these on to the team who are investigating this problem and I'll post back with an update as soon as I hear back.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Hi Everyone,

Thanks you very much for bringing this to our attention.  

Our technical team has investigated and have now confirmed this being caused by a technical issue with one of our systems.  Incoming calls while in Roam like Home countries are free to receive, so it shouldn’t matter that the spend cap has been set to zero (£0), but the system isn’t recognising this.  We are working on a fix for this issue, but It may take some time for us to rectify the situation, but we’ll let you know as soon as it’s fixed.

In the meantime, please do be assured that you aren’t being charged for these calls, and the workaround that you have already found ,  i.e, setting the spend cap to £2.50 will do the trick until such time we implement a fix. 

We’re sorry for the confusion around this issue, and thank you again for highlighting it and for your patience while we investigated.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
iTraxx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Many thanks @JohnC2
0 Ratings