cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silverblack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Mobile not working in Bulgaria

Just arrived got the initial welcome txt but after that nothing no calls or data. The wife's phone also BT just gets no service. Data roaming is turned on and roaming allowed in BT website settings. Any solution ?
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Mobile not working in Bulgaria

How long ago did your contract start, as I think you normally have to wait six months before you can use roaming?

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/50025/~/how-do-i-use-bt-mobile-abroad%3F

"Some customers may be restricted from roaming for the first six months. They can then ask for roaming to be turned on subject to their payment history. We’ll tell you at the time you order your SIM if that affects you."

0 Ratings
silverblack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Ye I saw that but we signed up Nov last year.
My phone gets full signal but R restricted logo.
0 Ratings
silverblack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

My wife's phone iPhone is now working the setting for data was blocked on the website so turned it on and withing seconds her phone sprang to life. Mine is still dead tried every setting to no avail, even tried turning the block on then 30 mins later switching to allowed but I'm still restricted.
0 Ratings
robot1000
Message 5 of 8

Not sure how BT can get away with blocking access within the EU especiallly since the Roam like Home rules came into force on 15 June 2017.

0 Ratings
silverblack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

No data connection all week back in the UK now.
Wife on same BT sim on an iphone data worked.
My phone is a Xiaomi Mi5S which should work no problem in Bulgaria but refused to connect.Calls and TXT worked OK.
I can only think it was a setting on the phone somewhere but i looked everywhere and could not find anything to get data to work.
0 Ratings
silverblack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Im in contract till Nov will move back to Three then.

0 Ratings