Did you mean: 
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT Mobile now allow Tethering

Go to solution

@RobbieMac wrote:

Hi guys,

I asked the question about tethering on Windows phones and the good news is that this will also be supported Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

Thanks for that.  Means I can put BT back on the list as I look to change from a 3G to a 4G contract (currently on O2 so not possible to check for myself).

0 Ratings
Keeping-up
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Why do all their adverts still say that tethering is not allowed?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

I have not seen any advert that said there was no tethering as it was always in the T&C  It has been removed from new T&C but iphone is waiting for update to remove the block on tethering whereas you could always do with android

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution
Good news; Following the latest carrier update from BT tethering is now available on iPhones.
0 Ratings
odonovs
Beginner
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

'carrier update'

I can tether with my LG G3 (Android) but not my wife's iPhone 5. On the latter the hotspot screen is not enabled. What did you mean by 'carrier update'?

thanks

Sean

0 Ratings
odonovs
Beginner
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Ah - updated to ios 9.3.2 and hey presto Personal Hotspot became available under mobile network setting!

0 Ratings