cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richard41
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Mobile signal

Just switched from O2 looking for a better deal, my number ports over tomorrow.

have a dual SIM phone so thought I would use the BT SIM to take advantage of the data and the O2 Sim is still being used for calls and texts until the switch, phone sat beside me on the sofa has 4 bars for O2.

and one or none for the BT SIM.

I've tried all sorts of network settings, swapping SIMs, using just one SIM etc but whatever I use the BT signal is one bar or completely non existent! I live in the middle of a town and never had any issues with signal using O2 so I'm sure the phone is fine.

Wondering if I should have bothered, if that's the best it is going to be I'll have to use the cooling off period to get out and try another network. 

Any suggestions, other than the above?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Mobile signal

Hi @Richard41, the first thing to check is for any mast issues in your area that might be causing a weak signal.

There's also the option of wifi calling if your phone is compatible, or there is the BT Signal Assist unit that runs off your broadband and generates a 3G signal up to 15m. It's available from the BT Shop for £19.99 the last time I checked.

0 Ratings
Richard41
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

certainly not paying more money, the idea of switching was to save...

Having checked various things looks like the switch was just a bad idea, EE/BT isn't good here for some reason, but I just assumed living in a big town it would be ok, guess I should have checked that first.

I'll have to wait for the switch over tomorrow then cancel & go with another network, no use to me as it is.

0 Ratings
Richard41
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Have to laugh when the welcome to BT mobile email arrives boasting of 4G in more areas than 3, O2 and vodaphone when I'm now not even able to send a text message....

Cancelling today and trying another network.

0 Ratings