Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 13

BT Network does not recognise iPhone X

Go to solution
I have noticed on the My BT page for my mobile number that my phone type and IMEI is ‘not recognised’.

With both my wife’s and my previous iPhones the type and IMEI has been correctly recognised on these pages.

Could this problem be the reason orders for 4G booster keep failing for my iPhone X? And how does this get fixed?

Presumably if the network does not recognise iPhone X then it won’t get new features like Wi-fi calling and VoLTE when they become available as the network won’t know the phone is capable?
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES
chrissheppy69
Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Network does not recognise iPhone X

Go to solution
Same with my Oneplus 5t !
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

My account has picked up that I am using a iPhone X 

DA451A19-A9C2-4638-A9A8-83EC7E7EB085.jpeg

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

This is what I see:

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Colin_London

I think you need to have a word with the mobile chat team, it maybe that the account just needs to be refreshed on the network or an issue with provisioning.

I have found the best time to call is around 8am as I have also go through to the Swansea contact centre who seem to be faster at resolving things..

BT Mobile Chat Team

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Just had the web chat. Was told that the problem is that since changing the phone I had not mad any chargeable calls. Once a chargeable call is made the account is updated within 24 hours.

so I have just dialled an 0870 number for a few seconds - let’s see if a few pence chargeable call kicks things into action. Seems a very strange resolution to something that should just happen when you move your sim over. Surely they should warn you somewhere on a FAQ that unless you make a chargeable call your IMEI is not registered and that this is a security problem if your phone is stolen?

0 Ratings
orozz
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Strange, mine changed from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone SE in My BT when I received a text message from BT saying "Your SIM is now active...." and to turn the phone off and on to use mobile data. The text arrived about 30 seconds after going through the iPhone setup routine.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Well surprise surprise - 30p spent on a chargeable call yesterday and it hasn’t fixed it at all Smiley Mad

Still shows phone type and IMEI ‘not currently available’.

So much for the chat team!

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Colin_London wrote:
Could this problem be the reason orders for 4G booster keep failing for my iPhone X? And how does this get fixed? Presumably if the network does not recognise iPhone X then it won’t get new features like Wi-fi calling and VoLTE when they become available as the network won’t know the phone is capable?

I think you've added two and two together there and got five.

I'd be surprised if it makes any difference at all what MyBT reports your device as.

0 Ratings
chrissheppy69
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Yep, my Oneplus 5t still not showing either, am I suppressed ? Nope not any more......

0 Ratings