cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Not responding to complaint in writing

I have sent 2 complaints now and have asked for a written response in both cases. On both occasions someone tried to call then advised I need to speak to the mobile team and closed my complaint?

I would like a written response to my complaint I do not want to deal with anyone over the phone.

Can BT do this, i'm struggling to find a regulation other that the requirement to have a "Code of Practice".

Thoughts?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Not responding to complaint in writing

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Hi @jazzbucca and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry your complaint hasn't been handled as you requested. I'm sure I can help with this. Can you give me a brief outline as to what the issue is?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I lost my phone 08/10/2017. I got a new phone through my insurer. On 07/12/2017 I received an email from my insurer to advise the IMEI for the lost phone has been re-activated? They wanted the phone back / may invalidate my claim.

I called BT and they advised it was not them, and they thought it may be the phone manufacturer. They duly blocked it again.

My complaint is threefold:

1. Why was the phone un-blocked, research has confirmed only the provider can unblock a phone? The insurer advised it was T-Mobile who un-blocked it (who were acquired by EE who in turn are owned by BT) - therefore i am un-happy with the response that I received not being able to provide why / who unblocked my phone.

2. I am concerned that someone may have provided fraudulent details to unblock the phone, if that is the case I need to be made aware of what details were provided, and also to raise the fact that this may have happened to other customers.

3. I have raised two instances of complaints asking for a written response, both times I received the response "unfortunately our handset helpdesk department are available on calls only" then resolving the complaint without actually doing anything (171215-*****). I am unhappy that my complaint has not been investigated and I have not received a written response.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for getting back @jazzbucca.

To be honest I'm not sure there is a lot I can do to help with this but I'll be happy try and get the answers for you. If that suits please drop me over an email with your details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings