cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RV
Message 1 of 4

BT Rewards for Mobile

I am an existing BT customer with Landline, Broadband & Mobile accounts. I recently upgraded my BT mobile SIM only via my account login and the upgrade option. I opted for a 6Gb SIM and this I was told came with a £60 rewards card which I could claim afet 30 days following activation. When I tried to make a claim I was told by BY customer service via email that this offer does not cover existing customers. This is not clear on the website not even in the 'small print'. Even before postinng this message I logged into my account & have similar upgrade options with rewards but no indication it is only for new customers. As a loyal BT customer I am very disappointed with this. Given the impending raise in charges from September 2018 I am very tempted to move my business elsewhere

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Rewards for Mobile

Hi @RV

Thanks for posting, normally rewards are for new connections not just new customers. But normally upgrades and phone orders are not included.

Normally when placing an order for an upgrade it normally omits the offers, and this would also show at the review order screen. 

If you can post any screenshots of the upgrade screen that shows reward cards, we can ask a moderator whos the best team to speak to.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@RV I'm sorry but the reward card is only available to new BT mobile customers ordering on the website. If you upgraded an existing contract then the reward card is not provided. This is confirmed in the terms and conditions and at the bottom of the orders page. I can appreciate your disappointment if you didn't see this information but regrettably we have to ensure that all customers are treated fairly and can't make exceptions to the terms of the offer. 

0 Ratings
RV
Message 4 of 4

Thank you Dean & Neil. The point I am making is why have the details of a reward when you log in via your account & click on the upgrade option. Clearly the rewards are not for existing customers - so why have them & hide the terms in small print. If BT still wants to keep the rewards details, then it should display prominently that it is for new customers only. This will hopefully prevent gullible customers (like me) into believing that they are eligible for a reward. In my book this amounts to cheating by BT.

0 Ratings