cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 41 of 51

Re: BT Signal Assist.

Turn off 4g on your phone and it should pick up the 3g signal. If 4g is on it will try to lock on to the weak 4g signal

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 42 of 51

Have already spent lot of time calling 150 and searching BT help without any joy. 

As for turning off 4g etc - where is this in settings for iPhone SE?can’t see it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 43 of 51

@darrendoddwrote:

Have already spent lot of time calling 150 and searching BT help without any joy. 

As for turning off 4g etc - where is this in settings for iPhone SE?can’t see it

Settings/Mobile Data/Mobile Data Options/Enable 4G

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 44 of 51

Variation on a theme! This may be useful. Although my BT account is for a London address, and where I have my BT router, I needed to use my mobile in Cumbria where I have a Plusnet account and router. BT (Warrington) advised I could use the BT signalassist box but I had to purchase it direct via BT shop and they would credit my account. I did and they did.  Set it up on PN router as advised but just flashing light for over 24 hours. Called BT (Swansea) who advised it would not work on PN router, even after much pressing about earlier advice.  Called PN who said BT and PN routers are essentially the same and that I should press BT! Called BT(Warrington) who said immediately that it should work but SA box probably not registered or if so at wrong address i.e. London. Gave her my Cumbria postcode along with the IMIE number on base of SA box;  green flashing light turned solid immediately with a 5 bar signal reading on my mobile.

Moral of the story "never give up", and "speak to a Warrington adviser rather than Swansea"! The latter of course pot luck.

Hope this helps some one.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 45 of 51

Hi @cinnamoncottage,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry to hear that you were having problems getting the signal assist working. As you have found out signal assist needs to be registered to the address that it's going to be used at.

Glad to hear that you got sorted.

Matt 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 46 of 51

Just to let you know of my experience. I ordered a Signal Assist from the BT Shop after a google search. I didn't speak or contact BT Mobile just ordered it. I connected it on a Friday afternoon where it displayed a rapid flashing green led. Monday still the same, I phoned BT Mobile to be told can take 5 working days to activate. Early Tuesday evening I saw it was displaying solid green. Checked phone and full 5 bars!!! This is a great product if you have no mobile signal. Shame they don't make this more widely known. Happy Days.

Highlighted
Message 47 of 51

I have had BT Signal assist working for a number of years. However, I recently switched on WiFi calling on my mobile phone and my calls seem to be going via BT Wifi calling via my BT hub. So is there any need for the Cisco Femto cell? Can I switch it off and free up a 13 amp socket? Has BT Wifi calling replaced the seperate Femto cell? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 48 of 51

Hi @Spanfree 

It's an alternative option. Wifi calling has been available on BT for some time now, personally I'm still using my Signal Assist because I find it more reliable, I found wifi calling to drop the occasional call.

Use what's best for you, it's your choice.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 49 of 51

Well yes I agree, although I do have wifi calling with Vodafone, and it's been pretty good to be honest. My wife's mobile has not got wifi calling and vodafone wanted to charge us £69 for a Sure Signal booster. So she opted to switch to BT Mobile who offered  a discount as I have BT Broadband, and supplied a Signal Assist which so far was worked flawlessly. When my contract with Vodafone nears end of contract, I will be switching to BT Mobile as well.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 50 of 51

Thanks for your inputs guys. I have switched off the Femto cell and will monitor for any drop outs over the next few weeks. As for Vodaphone charging for Signal assist that is the exact reason I didn’t go with them last year. They advertise perfect signal in my area but the signal is no better than BT (bad). However I do believe they are now offering WiFi calling as part of their broadband package FOC. 

0 Ratings