cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

BT Signal Assist

Hi, all. 

I know this has been covered many times, but I'm at the end of a very long rope and I could do with some inspiration. 

Got my Femto box in February 2020. It's now May and the box has not worked AT ALL in that time. Simply rapidly flashes green, which I have come to regard as "sulk mode".

I've trawled through the forums, tried everything everyone else has, sworn at it, threatened it with a hammer and begged, to no avail. I'm considering sacrificing a goat to the gods of the divine Femto to see if that helps.

Does anyone have any sure-fire way of fixing this? I simply want to make and receive phone calls without the tears.

Thanks, all. 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Signal Assist

Like you I have bought one of these boxes (in fact seems to be the same box I was given about 4 years ago by EE when I was with them, and who I had to call to get it set up). Still flashing green after several days and fear it will never work. Searches on this forum suggest that BT have withdrawn support for this device and I guess there is little chance of calling BT easily during the present crisis. BT are pushing the idea of Wi-fi calling, and indeed they allegedly have increased the number of phones that include this facility (including some not bought from BT) but other than a list from 2018 there is no current list of what will work and what doesn’t. 

Shambolic I’m afraid.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Hi @MikeA114 

You'll need to phone BT for them to authenticate the unit at their end. It should have happened automatically, you might find that you'll need to phone a few times to get through to the right department so it might be a bit of a painful experience, but worth it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

I just popped an answer into another BT Signal Assist thread.

Today I simply called 0800 800 150, entered my mobile number, and then selected option 3 (BT Mobile) and then option 3 (Technical Support). I got through to someone who, once I gave them the IMEI of the unit, activated it whilst I was on the call with them.

Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thank you smf22.

Just did this and It took just a few minutes to have the Signal Assist box registered and activated. Don’t have to search for a new Wi-fi calling enabled phone, now!

Thanks again

0 Ratings