cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sija2020
Message 1 of 3

BT Sim under father's account - needs transferring to my personal account

Hi there, I have a BT Sim which I pay for, however it is under my father's BT account and so I have no control over billing, contract renegotiation etc. I do have my own BT account with broadband etc, but it seems almost impossible to simply transfer the BT sim from my father's account to my own. Today he spoke with an advisor who told him that in order to do this he would have to cancel my BT Sim contract, move to a different provider and take my number with me, then cancel te contract with the new provider, and set up a new BT Sim under my own BT account. Then transfer my number along with it.

This seems a ludicrous way in which to do what seems like a simple task. Surprised BT are telling me to actually leave the company (who I am happy with) to go somewhere else. I really hope someone has a solution so I do not have to cancel my contract with BT. Many thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Sim under father's account - needs transferring to my personal account

Hi @sija2020 welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I've checked with the BT Mobile time and they have told me that you should be able to arrange for your Mobile to be moved over to your own account in most circumstances. Have a chat with the BT Mobile Livechat Team and they will be able to help. Do post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
sija2020
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Sim under father's account - needs transferring to my personal account

Hi @JohnC2 I have spoken with the BT chat team earlier, however they are unable to assist due to the fact my current SIM is not in my name. Therefore I am not authorised. My father did call BT where they explained that it could not be done, aparrt from by leaving BT and rejoining via a different provider.

0 Ratings