cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport on BT Mobile vs EE - Can I Cast or Mirror to TV from BT Sport App OR watch on Smart TV App?

Go to solution

I know with EE that if I add BT Sport, you cannot cast or mirror from the app to a TV and you can't login to a BT Sport App on a Smart TV/Fire TV - unless you also purchase a Large Screen add-on. Also it only works on a device with an EE SIM card installed - so won't work on my WiFi only iPad.

Does the same limitation apply to BT Sport if I get it as a bundle with BT Mobile?

So if I include get a BT Mobile SIM that includes the £10 BT Sport App bundle, will this allow me to use the login on the BT Sport App on my Fire TV or can I AirPlay Mirror or Cast from the BT Sport App on my mobile to the TV? Or can I login using my WiFi only iPad and watch using my BT Mobile credentials?

Thanks for any advice anyone can give.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport on BT Mobile vs EE - Can I Cast or Mirror to TV from BT Sport App OR watch on Smart TV

Go to solution

@hammerich 

"I know with EE that if I add BT Sport, you cannot cast or mirror from the app to a TV and you can't login to a BT Sport App on a Smart TV/Fire TV - unless you also purchase a Large Screen add-on."

Can I ask how you "know" this please? The reason that I ask is that I am in the process of migrating my mobile from BT to EE and cancelled all of my TV on boxes today. I still have BT Broadband and landline.

What I wanted to do was have the BT Sport App only on both my Sony Android TV and Chromecast 2020, which I thought that I could do for £15 per month on a 24 month contract. However, BT have now told me that my only option is £25 per month rolling. From what I have been told on other threads on theses forums,I think that they have got that wrong - but as I have an open order to cancel the TV I can't check myself at the moment.

I noticed on MyEE that I can get BT Sport for £15 per month - so I called to check and not long come off the phone when I saw your post. EE told me that I could cast their BT Sport app to my TVs and use the app installed on the Sony TV and Chromecast. Also, they said that it was a rolling monthly contract.

It would apperar that, for me at least, it would be better to get the BT Sport App only via EE rather than BT - I can't see any downsides?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: BT Sport on BT Mobile vs EE - Can I Cast or Mirror to TV from BT Sport App OR watch on Smart TV

Go to solution

I believe the standard BT Sports App EE offer for £10 per month or a bundled as a "Smart Benefit" does NOT allow you to screencast - this was changed earlier this year.

However, you can upgrade to Large Screen, which is I suspect where the £15 price point is - essentially it's £10 for BT Sport App and £5 for Large Screen access - this definitely allows AirPlay and Chromecast from a device that has an EE SIM card installed.

However, I don't know whether Large Screen also allows you to login on a Smart TV or Fire TV, etc as you describe by using the built-in app - this is something I wanted to confirm regarding the BT Mobile SIM. It isn't clearly spelled out on the BT or EE websites.

I decided EE was too expensive for my budget, so I was looking at BT Mobile 12 month SIM that includes 40GB data and BT Sport for £15 per month TOTAL (if you have BT Broadband) - as it runs on the EE network anyway and is a 5G plan - it was like getting the mobile and data for free (vs EE) IF the bundled BT Sport App includes the ability to login on a Smart TV and/or cast.

Hope that helps.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@hammerich 

Thanks for the info - I didn't see a £10 option on my EE dashboard, just the £15 one.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

And the answer is...

https://www.bt.com/products/mobile/about/bt-sport-on-mobile/

No.

"With BT Sport on your mobile, you’re only able to watch on your smartphone."

Just like EE, BT Sport "Mobile" requires an upgrade to watch on larger screens - I guess it was obvious that BT/EE didn't leave that loophole.

https://www.bt.com/sport/features/download-the-new-look-bt-sport-app-for-your-device-today

"The app is available on all platforms to existing BT Sport customers at no extra charge, bar those with an entry-level BT Mobile subscription or EE customers who access BT Sport via an entry-level BT Sport add-on."

0 Ratings