Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gillious
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Wi-Fi / BT Mobile access.

Go to solution

I had previously opted out of BT Wi-Fi via MyBT manage extras section under broadband. I now have BT Mobile + BT Plus which says it comes with unlimited access to the BT Wi-Fi service. However when I tried to login to the BT Wi-Fi app on my iPhone it would say I needed to Opt in to BT Wi-Fi. 

When I tried to re-enable it via MyBT it would gives me the error "There's been a problem while processing your request.
We have registered this problem and will be looking into it shortly." I contacted support via live chat and they said I must be opted into BT Wi-Fi via broadband to use it despite the fact my BT Mobile page, emails etc clearly say that unlimited access to BT Wi-Fi comes as standard with BT Mobile. I reluctantly agreed and they was able to opt me back in.

I have now decided I don't want to be sharing my broadband connection so have tried to opt out via MyBT and I get the same error I did when I tried to opt in.

So I guess my question is two-fold, why can't I opt in/out via MyBT anymore without getting an error and is it correct that I can't access BT Wi-Fi unless I opt in my broadband connection despite the fact I have BT Mobile also and this clearly states I have accsess to BT Wi-Fi because of this.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Wi-Fi / BT Mobile access.

Go to solution

Hi @Gillious 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!  Sorry for the problems you're having opting in/out of BT Wifi with Fon.

Can you just confirm these are the steps you're following? >> How do I opt out of BT Wifi? <<

Post back and let me know please.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Gillious
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hey @RobbieMac thanks for the reply,

Yes those are the steps I am following, it results in a 1-2 minute 'processing' and then

"Sorry something's gone wrong

There's been a problem while processing your request.
We have registered this problem and will be looking into it shortly."

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Gillious

Thanks for confirming that and I'm sorry that you're presented with that error message.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Gillious many thanks for sending over your details, I'm really sorry about the problems you're having when trying to opt out of the BT Wifi service in MyBT.

I've raised a case with our BT wifi team requesting assistance with the problems you are having opting out from sharing your wifi on the Hub and I've asked them is it possible to allow you to continue accessing BT wifi hot spots as per your BT Mobile plan after this change is made. As soon as I hear back I'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings