cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pip49
Message 1 of 8

BT mobile

i recently changed to BT mobile from another supplier.  What a mistake I've made, I can't get a signal inside my home.  Each time someone calls me my pho doesn't ring but I get a message to say I've missed a call, I've got to go out into the garden to get a signal to ring them back. I'm stuck with this for two years now but I won't be staying with BT Mobile then. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Pip49
Message 2 of 8

Re: No BT mobile signal at home? Nuisance calls? Number witheld? BTs new solution will cost £99.99

I have a problem with no mobile signal at home.  When we checked to see if we had a good signal in this area it showed we have but now I've changed to BT its horrendous.  I just get messages to say I've missed a call when my phone hasn't rang and I've got to go out into the garden to make a call. I won't be staying with BT at the end of this contract. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Re: No BT mobile signal at home? Nuisance calls? Number witheld? BTs new solution will cost £99.99

Indoor coverage is usually much worse on mobile networks. The coverage checker will give you some idea of what to expect, but it depends on how your house is constructed, as to whether it will screen the signal.

0 Ratings
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Re: BT mobile

If it's recent (within 14 days) you will be able to cancel without any charges, provided under the distance selling regulations, if you're outside of this, you'll havery implied 'acceptance' of the service and will be unable to cancel. Just give them a ring or try the live chat see what they say
0 Ratings
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

The coverage checker will give you a rose tinted view of what you might in your wildest dreams expect.  The ONLY way to be sure is to get a SIM and try it out.  I'd certainly not shell out on a full contract without having tried a SIM in my existing phone first.

Where I live, every network's coverage map shows I have an excellent signal for voice, indoors and out. In reality, only O2 has in the past given me a decent signal. Currently I can get 4G from O2.   EE claimed to have updated their network so I am about to find out whether the BT / EE coverage map (VERY GOOD 2G and 3G indoor and out; Moderate 4G outdoor) is true. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
Toejams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Luckily I was within my 14 Day cooling off period. Called them and got a PAC Code. Awful service, Poor Speeds, Could not use it to tether and unable to use a VPN into work.
0 Ratings
jeepster1961
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

good luck - BT prices are good but the service is **bleep** bordering on **edited by Mod**

who are you mving to. giff gaff look good

read my post about rubbish bt customer sevice, even BHS workers are treated better

0 Ratings
Highlighted
liggerz87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Yep it mad I got contract wanted as upgrade Bt sent it as new phone new number couldn't do nothing all they said was cancel and send back and open a new order I do that and it gets cancelled everytime turns out it was credit referrals keep cancelling
0 Ratings