Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kblokey
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

BT signal assist problem

Go to solution
I have a problem with my BT signal assist box. Since this morning it has been flashing green rapidly. I have just got off the phone to BT after speaking to someone with the name Mike ( which blatantly isn't his real name) who didn't even know what it was. He kept going on about my hub. He didn't have a clue. So hopefully this will be picked up by someone who CAN help.
The manual says rapidly flashing is initialising or a problem. I have restarted hub and booster to no avail.
Any help will be appreciated as until its sorted my BT mobile signal is useless at home. Thanks in advance
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES
Andyk9
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT signal assist problem

Go to solution

Following post with interest as mine is doing the same thing as of today.

0 Ratings
Andyk9
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Im Following post with interest as mine is doing exactly the same as of today. It was working perfectly.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Mine went solid red and is now flashing green after rebooting. I suspect it's some sort of authentication error at BT's end, you would hope that someone at BT is already on the case so I'll give it 24 hours or so (it'll take that long to find someone who can do something about it anyway).

0 Ratings
ChrisB
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Mine doing the same. It was solid red. On reboot/reset it is now fast flashing green. Something's been done at the server end and they've not mentioned it!

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Same here. Solid red and now flashing green.

0 Ratings
kblokey
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
OK that answers that one. Its not just me. It doesn't answer the question if why didn't the BT so called customer service assistant know what the hell it was in the first place? I could hear the wheels and cogs meshing together in the silence when I mentioned it. Anyway heres hoping they get their finger out
0 Ratings
kblokey
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
Could be more widespread as there is signal assist box attached to the WiFi at my place of work and since I got here that is red also. Mobile provider her at work is EE. Broadband provider unsure. Believe is BT but no one in IT to ask.
0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

It is working again here this morning.

0 Ratings
ChrisB
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 14