cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Icybar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 40

Re: BT wifi calling

I tried emailing Customer Helpvabout Signal Assist - never got a reply. I tried talking to India, who swore it doesn't exist. As I wrote above, calling over Smart Talk costs you when you unknowingly call a mobile on another netwoIrk.  am so fed up paying to use my mobile when I have loads of 'free' minutes left. SOMEBODY FROM BT PLEASE LISTEN AND ACT. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
vipermo
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 40

I agree BT pull ur finger out i was told ages ago its coming well how about some beta testing or somthing

0 Ratings
Djtreglog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 40

When can I get wifi calling the same as EE customers

I would love to have wifi calling on my bt mobile as the signal here is not that good
0 Ratings
RubyM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 40

Hi assist isn't available anymore. It was a trial run
0 Ratings
saltyzip
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 40

Any update on WiFi calling, as have to go out into the garden to get a mobile signal?
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 40

Can one of the moderators please answer this question. I am also unhappy with my mobile coverage both at home and at work and most other places. BT boasts one of the best wi-fi networks on the move and EE boast wi-if calling, since BT own EE surely it is not too much to ask that BT plug the holes in their mobile coverage with wi-fi calling

0 Ratings
RubyM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 40

Hi, the signal assist is on trial with BT at moment (tried to get that) I'm told on phone by c/s reps wifi calling is in process of being set up ATM. No release date as yet but hoping to see it very soon at which point they'll be able to give a launch date- it's in the My BT app to activate but take you to a landing page ATM
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 40

@RubyM wrote:
Hi, the signal assist is on trial with BT at moment (tried to get that) I'm told on phone by c/s reps wifi calling is in process of being set up ATM. No release date as yet but hoping to see it very soon at which point they'll be able to give a launch date- it's in the My BT app to activate but take you to a landing page ATM

Thanks for that Ruby but I understood that the Signal Assist Trial finished  in July?

0 Ratings
RubyM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 40

Giving the boxes out finished in July. Think they went pretty quick for free trials. All I know is they gave the boxes free to so many customers with poor signal to trial and that's ongoing. They only boost 3G and use your BB so you gotta have minimum speed and unlimited BT broadband (which I don't have) to work. Wifi calling will no doubt gave similar principals. BT mobile set to give priority to VOP over Data (hence you cannot use data whilst on a call and your phone will drop to 3G when you take call. ) Frustrating but looks like they have to Ammend a lot of network setting to get sorted for wifi calling to work well.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 40

BT mobile looks like it is about to launch 4G calling alongside wi-fi calling. Further to RubyM's comment this will allow a data call and voice call at the same time. 4G calling was recently launched on EE whilst wi-fi calliing has been around for some time.

Based on the fact that both the BT website and BT Mobile app now make reference to both 4G calling and Wi-fi calling it shouldnt be much longer but no date had been given as to when a roll out will happen.

Both Signal booster box and wi-fi calling both have advantages and disadvantages. Singal boxes are restricted to home use and connect to your home hub but can allow upto 4 EE/BT sims at the same time and use 3G

Wi-Fi calling, can be used anywhere that the wifi network permits within the UK. The downside to this is that not all handsets allow this facilitie. 

You can read more about 4G calling and Wifi calling on EE's website.

0 Ratings